The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 22, 2009, 11:11 PM   #1
scorpion_tyr

H&R Pardner Pump... 870 clone?

I've purchased an H&R Pardner Pump for HD purposes until I can decide what kind of 870 I want to get. I've been told by a couple of people that the Pardner is a clone of the 870 and that Remington stocks and such will fit it just fine. I figured I would ask the pros... So is this true? Will Remington stocks fit the Pardner? What about other model specific accessories?
Old January 22, 2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Webleymkv

The Pardner pump is indeed an 870 clone but not all parts will interchange. Stocks and mag extensions for a Remington will probably work, but I don't know for sure.
Old January 22, 2009, 11:40 PM   #3
MAX100

Everything will fit but 870 barrels and the tube extensions are to long. Some stuff may need a little fitting.

I have a SpeedFeed short LE pistol grip stock, Vang oversize safety and a Hogue forend on my Protector.

Why buy an 870 when you own a Protector. They are well made and built like a tank.

GC
Old January 23, 2009, 12:05 AM   #4
Webleymkv

Quote:
Everything will fit but 870 barrels and the tube extensions are to long.
Wilson Combat sells a 1-round extension that shouldn't be too long.
Old January 23, 2009, 12:41 AM   #5
MAX100

Do a google search. There is a +2 (7+1) tube extension that is made for the Pardner Protector & Norinco 982 that is flush with the muzzle.

GC
Old January 27, 2009, 12:25 PM   #6
jlv08

I have a 20 and 12 gauge in the NEF pardnder pump. I compared them to the Rems and Mossy,Maverick competition and the NEF won hands down. These shot guns seem to get some other posters hackles up due to the fact they come from China. But don't let that stop you from making an objective choice. I love my Rems and Mossbergs to death but I also love a good deal when it comes along and NEF (legally , they didn't steal anything that didn't run out of patent) got it right.
Old January 27, 2009, 01:08 PM   #7
jlv08

Just to add to my previous post...

The Pardner Pump is what it is. SIMILAR to but Not an 870 clone. The word clone denotes an exact copy and the Pardner has just enough differences to make it technically a little different from the venerable Remington 870.

What NEF has done is make a decent field gun that should prove reliable over time. It raises hackles and evokes strong feelings among some here so beware. I have two of them and bought them after much research and hands on inspection.

Some after market stuff fits and some folks have tricked them out. I don't play with "tacticool" stuff as I am a bit old fashioned and have an old Stevens riot gun for the defensive role in my home(among other shotguns in various locations about the home). Soooo.....

I for one like mine and will reccomend them , even in the face of adverse opinion, based on objective opinion and experience.
Old July 16, 2016, 09:34 PM   #8
1940izhevsk

I was wondering this too, since my dad gave me his Protector that I could use for HD, and wanted to see if 870 aftermarkets worked. I was thinking about getting a flashlight fore-end for it, but it's best to make sure it would work.
Old July 17, 2016, 11:39 AM   #9
T. O'Heir

OP is from 2009. Don't think 870 stuff fits on any H&R firearm though. Comparing Choate stuff on Midway's site, they do not. Different part numbers. Mostly a WHAG though.