The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old October 2, 2008, 06:05 PM   #1
mikenbarb

Bring PIF thread back please. We were just having a litle fun chatting.

I dont mean to offend anyone and appologize if this is the wrong place for this but im curious as to why the pif page was closed and all that was going on was some good clean fun between members and we harmed noone in the process. Its not like there were hundreds of active members giving their stuff away there and most members didnt seem to mind that we were chatting back and forth and if they did, They could have spoke up and we would have ended it. I hope speaking out dont get me "barred for life" here because I have done no wrong except post legitimate threads and have some fun between giving my unwanted items away on a page for just that, Having fun and giving your stuff away to someone who can use it and I think it should have been approached differently than just leaving a reply and then shutting it down after a loyal long time member spoke what he felt. Im not happy about it just like alot of other members and I dont have the golden key on my keypad to make it right again but im sure alot of great people here would appreciate the thread being restored for TFL members to use. I have noticed other forums have a chat page and it would be great if TFL would take it into consideration with rules applied to proper use of it. Thanks for your time reading this and hope it doesnt get me barred for speaking what I feel as a dedicated TFL member. Mike B.
Old October 2, 2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Calm down, guys! It's not gone, it's been moved to here: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=282000

I think it was out of sight for a very short while.
Old October 2, 2008, 06:15 PM   #3
kristop64089

shoot my mouth off too soon.
Old October 2, 2008, 06:18 PM   #4
tplumeri

KUDO'S to MAL H for ressurecting the the PIF thread.
i would be happy to address the freedom of speech issue as it pertains to this forum in private, if thats acceptable to you.
thank you
tom
Old October 2, 2008, 06:21 PM   #5
mikenbarb

+1 for MAL H. Your the MAN!!
Old October 2, 2008, 06:56 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

No, no! I just got to this to find everyone thanking me. It wasn't me that kept the thread alive, it was totally Johnny's effort, his good will and desire to keep a thread around that many members do enjoy. We understand that. It's the off topic stuff in that thread that would have been it's downfall.

Since there's not much point in further discussion on this, I'll close this thread.
Closed Thread