The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 8, 2006, 11:28 AM   #1
brselman

Case trimming 204 Ruger brass

Can anyone tell me what equipment they use to trim their 204 Ruger brass? Seems like there is not much available on the market. Lee does not make a case guage, etc.
Old May 8, 2006, 08:59 PM   #2
cobra81

Trimming .204 brass

Yep, it is a bit hard to find. I called Lee about this and they said they don't make a case-length gauge for the .204 because the stem is so thin it breaks easily. So, I bought a CH lathe-type trimmer and ordered the case-holder for the .204 from them as well. Here is the link: http://www.ch4d.com/. Or you could call them at 740-397-7214. I believe they are in Ohio. Great to deal with. If I remember right, the case-holder you need for .204 is "U". Works great, and it's very consistent. The CH lathe looks exactly like the L.E. Wilson lathe, and I suspect you could get the proper case-holder from them, also.
BTW, I have Lee full-length and seating dies, and Hornady neck-sizing die for the .204. What a great little round!
Old May 8, 2006, 10:14 PM   #3
farmall

I use a Lyman Universal trimmer with a 20 caliber pilot. Works great for me. Have also found that proper die adjustment makes case trimming for ths round an infrequent event.
Andy
Old May 9, 2006, 06:56 AM   #4
brselman

Cobra81 and Farmall - Thanks to the both of you. Your info was very valuable. brselman