The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 13, 2017, 07:00 PM   #1
lawndoctor1

Ruger LCP Custom

If Ruger could build the Ruger LCP Custom so that the slide will lock back after shooting the last round I would be the happiest man on planet earth! I absolutely love the trigger on the LCP Custom. I prefer it over the LCP II trigger. The trigger on the LCP Custom feels much safer to pocket carry,etc.

Please Ruger! Please make this happen!
Old May 14, 2017, 09:58 AM   #2
railroader

I love my lcp custom too but I don't see that happening. Ruger discontinued the custom except for batches for some distributors if they order them.

Last edited by railroader; May 14, 2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old May 14, 2017, 01:06 PM   #3
TruthTellers

It's possible Ruger may come out with an LCP Custom II, but I have no idea what would be special about it. The differences between the Custom and the old LCP were night and day with the trigger and sights, but what can the LCP II be upgraded with? An adjustable rear for windage and elevation and a replaceable front sight?

As for the original LCP Custom, Ruger's done with it. It was a stop gap piece that they came out with 2 years ago to appease those with carry permits who hated the LCP's trigger, but liked the size and feel of it. While Ruger cranked out the Custom's, they were working on a totally new LCP design with an even better trigger and sights and a last shot hold open, but were selling us a model they knew they were replacing very soon.
Old May 14, 2017, 09:38 PM   #4
wild cat mccane

There is zero difference in trigger pulls between the Custom and the Gen2 LCP-I own both.

Just want to make sure that it isn't assumed the Custom has a different trigger pull than the Gen2-it doesn't.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:44 PM   #5
DaleA

Quote:
If Ruger could build the Ruger LCP Custom so that the slide will lock back after shooting the last round I would be the happiest man on planet earth!
That's all it would take???

You're easy lawndoctor1.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:01 PM   #6
BigMikey76

Quote:
While Ruger cranked out the Custom's, they were working on a totally new LCP design with an even better trigger and sights and a last shot hold open, but were selling us a model they knew they were replacing very soon.
Sounds like Ruger is adopting Apple's marketing practices

With that said, I really do want to try the new LCP II. From the videos I have seen and commentaries I have read, it may solve the problems that I have with the little mouse guns and how they interact with my big mitts. Its worth a look to see, anyway.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:19 PM   #7
ammo.crafter

LCP II

I thought the LCP II slide did lock back on the last shot.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:58 PM   #8
BigMikey76

Quote:
I thought the LCP II slide did lock back on the last shot.
It does lock back, providing that you use the mag that came with it. You can also use older LCP mags, but they won't activate the slide lock like the new ones do.
Old May 15, 2017, 02:47 PM   #9
deerslayer303

I sure am ecstatic with my LCP II. A VERY nice trigger, nice textured surface, and use able sights. I've got 150 rounds through it and NOT ONE problem with FMJ, XTP, Critical Defense, or Remington HTP. It ate it all. They got it right on this one for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by deerslayer303; May 15, 2017 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added content