The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 22, 2018, 08:30 PM   #1
CDR_Glock

Reorganized my reloading workspaces

I have been reloading for a few years now, starting out with just 45 ACP, then 357 Magnum. My friend introduced me to 44 Magnum, gave me his Dillon 450 with the S&W 629 PC that he sold me. I became hooked on recoil.

I started reloading 454 Casull, 460 S&W and 500 S&W on a single stage. To facilitate a faster process, I have separate powder drops for 500 Magnum x 2 (500 grain bullets, 350 grain bullets), 454 Casull and 460.

One day I was talking to a new friend saying I wanted one of those automated reloading machines that I saw for around $3k. She said she wanted to sell her Dillon 550, so after a good deal, I decided to jump on it.

However, I was “out of space”. My desk had 3 presses already but the other side of the desk was unused and had wasted space. So I turned it in my basement workshop so I can have more working room....

So here is how 1/4 of the workroom looks...I have crossbows and a compound bow hanging from the ceiling.

I have some donations to work on to clear out some potential space, still. It’s a work in progress. There’s 3 store rooms downstairs that need decluttering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old August 23, 2018, 05:33 AM   #2
mcliff1971

Looks great!
Old August 23, 2018, 04:08 PM   #3
gwpercle

Speaking as a member of the Disorganized Pack-Rat Hoarders of America , I must commend you on your organizational skills . Very Nice !

Gary
Old August 24, 2018, 12:19 AM   #4
Metal god

Very nice , I try to keep my current reloading room organized but It does not always stay that way .

I'm moving my reloading room from a small 7' x 12' room upstairs to a 9'x9' area in my basement . I've been dreading it because it took years to get my current reloading room just the way I like it . How ever the more I think about it the new space could be much better . Yes it's 9'x9' but two sides/walls have built in shelves that are 2' deep that is not included in the 9x9 space . It's actually going to be much bigger with more room to move around . I'm now actually starting to look forward to the new space .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old August 26, 2018, 07:05 AM   #5
LE-28

I would get the bows located somewhere else, hanging in the middle of the room takes up to much real estate.
Free ranging in a reloading room is the only way to go. The constant distraction of bumping into those all the time would push me over the edge.
Old August 27, 2018, 01:50 PM   #6
the Black Spot

Very nice!

That a red wing hunter recurve?
Old August 27, 2018, 02:04 PM   #7
CleanDean

Very well done , my friend. You have some extra room there, that I am envy of.
My stuff is semi organized now, as I am using it more. ( nearly retired now)
If we didn't need half the space for store age, & clothes closet...
It could expand to the usable space it was 17 years ago. Seems the "Evil Princess" , and I have both become "Professional Accumulators"
FNH Scar 17 s --Black ; cause it goes so well with my formal wear, for those special occasions. Customized Mini 14 ,& ATI stock and a 3.5 lb.-- Pittsburgh trigger. / SIG P227 / Colt Python 8 in.Nickel / Colt Gold Cup N.M. ; Voere * KDF in .270 ; N. frame S&W revolvers; and TC Contender in 41 Magnum .