The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 5, 2009, 11:17 AM   #26
sundance44s

The only pistols I consider nice or sexy are the ones that shoot straight ..every thing else is a wall hanger , not for shooting , just for lookin at ..........I don`t enjoy the thrill unless I can hit where I am aiming ....everything inbetween is just wasteing powder and lead for me .
I`ve spent this past year makeing sure every pistol in my collection will shoot POA ......So far it`s ment another 20.00 or 60.00 in each one but well worth it to know I can take one to the range and hit the center of a target while aiming at it ............Ky. windage only works for me shooting a maching gun .
Old April 5, 2009, 01:40 PM   #27
whosyrdaddy

ClemBert, those guys are just funnin ya. They know that Walker has been modified with a front lever catch. They can still see the old catch in the pic. Plus they know if it was a Witneyville Dragoon then it would have a shorter cylinder and a longer forcing cone to compensate, not to mention that when something sells for $483,000.00, they usually get the description right.
Old April 5, 2009, 10:45 PM   #28
Fingers McGee

Sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old April 5, 2009, 11:24 PM   #29
Irishman

I've got the Pietta brass framed 51 too. Took it out and shot it today in fact. I've been pretty impressed with it so far (though I've probably only put 150 rounds or so through it)
I've finally found the sweet spot for aiming after the first few trips. Shoots about 4 inches above poa at 10 yards. I do wish I knew how to adjust the POA but I can compensate.
I can't tell you how much fun I've had shooting the dang thing though. Cap and ball never interested me until I came upon that thing just because it was a deal. Best investment I've made in months