The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 9, 2000, 10:56 PM   #1
6forsure

i bought a sw63 (that hasn't arrived yet) that was worked on by this old boy. he's supposed be quite up to snuff. anyone hear of him??

[This message has been edited by 6forsure (edited May 10, 2000).]
Old May 11, 2000, 05:06 PM   #2
VictorLouis

He has been established here in Phoenix for almost 20 years, and apparently has quite a following. I see guns for sale in the paper noting that he has worked on them.
I once sought his help to rectify a botched sight installation. He made me feel as though I was bothering him. My quesions were preventing him from attending to his other previous customers waiting there in the shop. I personally, cannot give my business to him. But, he may very well do quality work, and I may have caught him on a bad day.
If you are considering 1911 work, give Gordon a call. As well as 'smithing, he stocks Kimber, Springfield, Colt and STI. He even builds his own pistols, just like Baer and Wilson. They appear to be equal in quality.
Big Bore, at 602-923-1416