The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 29, 2018, 09:22 PM   #26
RC20

You would be amazed at the should vs do. I don't disagree but its a strange area.

I have had some epic fights of finger pointing with vehicle maintenance on that issue.

Poor vehicle guys, sorry, nada I can do, its not our end and they won't test em right.

I take care of the building power side, serious finger pointing and told them they needed to use an outside GFI or we could put one inside for them. Ignored. One of the guys I do talk to asked me one day why the new lights would ot work wired up one way but did another.

LED? Yep, stands for light emitting diode. Said diode moves power one way. Has to be hooked up the right way.

I doubt it crossed anyone's mind.
Old July 2, 2018, 06:22 PM   #27
hounddawg

I have a RCBS hand primer, the old one with the round tray and the 2 piece primer rod and link. Used it so much the handle and pivot meet are scored and worn and the ball would not stay in the socket of the primer rod link. Called RCBS and parts are in the mail including the newer 1 piece primer rods. I wish everyone handled CS the way RCBS does
Old July 4, 2018, 03:20 PM   #28
Unclenick
Staff

I have to agree with BBarn on meeting GFI specs. Sloppy wiring is also a potential fire hazard as well as having the potential to shock a user in wet shoes who is standing on a poured concrete floor. If the floor is also damp, that's not a whole heck of a lot safer than standing barefoot in a copper boat floating on the surface of a salt water ocean.

I've never had any trouble with my own Pro-melt and my garage is on a GFI circuit I put in when I built the workbench at the back end and added a 220V outlet for the lathe and air compressor. But I'm going to guess RCBS CS doesn't have a megger or a high pot tester. Most places that contract things out let the assembly house handle that, but you do need to know enough to specify the test in your drawing(s).

You should have taken before and after wiring photos to send them.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle