The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 8, 2024, 08:45 PM   #1
Brandonl271

210 pistol/Pistole 49 durability

Does anyone have a high round count 210 pistol? I’m curious as to how durable they are and if they have parts that are know to break. For example do they have problems with slide stops pins breaking like a cz 75? Given their similar unlocking system I can see that being a part potential fails periodically. However they also seem to have more over travel before their unlocking camming surfaces are engaged then a Cz 75, perhaps putting less stress on the slide stop pin?
Old March 9, 2024, 01:47 AM   #2
chris in va

I don't know if that CZ thing was with earlier models or what, but I've had a P01, 75bd and 97 with tens of thousands of rounds with no pin breakage. Actually those only thing that broke was my 97, which has been discontinued for various reasons.
Old March 9, 2024, 08:28 AM   #3
Jim Watson

All I have is local legend. A small town doctor near here had a range behind his office and would shoot every day at lunch. He had bought two P210s so as to be sure to have one to shoot. After a number of years, he sold the spare because there no sign he was going to need it.
Old March 9, 2024, 08:28 AM   #4
jar

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. By '210 pistol' do you mean the Sig P210?
Old March 9, 2024, 08:43 PM   #5
wild cat mccane

I have a current p210 target.

As far as i know, the rsa is the only item of concern.

I have an s2 sao and a s2 sa/da. The trigger return spring is a concern area. The ts1 shipped with multiple slide stops for the reason you noted.
Old March 10, 2024, 10:45 PM   #6
rock185

I've had 210s on and off since the '80s. While I haven't done a YouTube type dirt, sand, gravel, water, mud, drive over with truck, helicopter drop torture test on any of them, I've never experienced a failure of any component with any of the Swiss, German or US versions I've owned..
Old March 13, 2024, 07:03 AM   #7
PzGren

Several members of my old gun club had Swiss P210s and shot them regularly every week for decades without any parts failure. I bought a P210-4 in the 1990s and shot it for years before giving it to my son and replacing it with a P210-6, that I shot also extensively with only one problem when the pin of the adjustable rear sight broke. I replaced it with a pin I made from a drill bit and it was as good as new. Over the years I have added another P210-4, P49, P210-1, and .22 l.r. conversion unit. The only gripe that I have with the Swiss P210s is the hammer bite but I have two spare hammer units that, despite being differently numbered fit well into the service style pistols.

The accuracy, great fit and finish of the Swiss guns have deeply impressed me.

Tags
210 , durability , pistole 49