The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 10, 2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Michael.m

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm Stainless editon

Im looking for a cheaper/ easily concealable semiautomatic. and the Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm, its pretty cheap but if you have a weapon that you carry and like id like to hear about it.
Old September 10, 2011, 03:12 AM   #2
8shot357

Quote:
Im looking for a cheaper

its pretty cheap
You said it, "Cheap" good luck. Don't come back complaining later after you buy it.
Old September 10, 2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Crankgrinder

the general wisdom here is that taurus guns are hit or miss. i purchased a pt111 9mm a few years back and i have to say its a fun pistol to shoot. easily concealable if i like although for that im more a revolver guy. never a jam with round fmh although it does not like hydra-shock and/or hollow points because the flat nose does not guide the bullet up the feed ramp into the chamber, then again i did not try all brands of jhp. for what it costs i think its about what a 9mm should be, rather small, holds 12+1, shoots well with proper ammo but maybe i just got lucky when i bought mine. good advice would be to thoroughly check the one you intend to purchase or maybe look elsewhere if you intend to use hp rounds like you should with 9mm. trying to find hp ammo thatll cycle well in a finicky gun can be time comsuming and expensive and you may very well spend more than the difference if you had bought a glock 9 or a beretta or so forth for the 400+ range
Old September 10, 2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Winchester_73

Too bad for this thread,

This is the REVOLVER FORUM
Old September 10, 2011, 11:49 AM   #5
TheNocturnus

RUN away from this gun! I had one and it was garbage, get something else.
Brain (Use this one the most)
Old September 10, 2011, 05:06 PM   #6
BuzWeaver

The only thing I don't like about my Taurus Millennium Pro PT111 is that it has a great deal of concussion compared to shooting my XDM 9mm 3.8" (personal carry). The Taurus is a great conceal carry gun (I keep in the car when running errands), however I don't do a lot of range shooting with it, just enough to stay in practice.
Old September 10, 2011, 05:27 PM   #7
x3m

I have a taurus pt111 first generation , always on my hip. Never regreted buying it for a second , but now I am looking more toward the pt 24/7
Old September 10, 2011, 09:26 PM   #8
highpower3006

I bought an early Taurus PT111 back when they were first introduced. It has never failed to feed and shoot. I even tried a couple of magazines of mixed ammo, and it still fed and fired every round without a hitch. It doesn't have target grade accuracy, but at gunfight ranges it is just fine.

I know that there have been many post about the hit-or-miss quality of their revolvers, but I can say from personal experience that the little Millennium has been flawless.
Old September 10, 2011, 09:44 PM   #9
MJ45

I've owned and shot one regularly since 2008, probablly 3500 rounds through it, no problems yet. a few misfeeds with white box, but thats fmj, everything else cycles perfect, various hollow points, even cheap tulammo. no signs of wear or breakage, i'd say mine is holding up as well as any expensive semi-auto. it accurate enough for self-defense range, inside 2" at 21', ok for a 3.25" barrel. not the thinnest 9mm, but not bad for a double stack, 12 plus 1. i'd also like to try the pt145...
Old September 10, 2011, 09:54 PM   #10
dalegribble

i have the pt-145 in 45 auto, its the big brother to the pt-111 and it is a very good gun and i have never had a problem with it. i also have the taurus 709 slim. it is a single stack 9mm made for cc. it also is a very good gun with no problems. i have a few other taurus handguns and they have never had a problem either.
Old September 10, 2011, 10:36 PM   #11
JohnKSa
Staff

Wrong forum, OP is welcome to repost in Semi-Autos.

Tags
concealed carry , handgun