The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 13, 2007, 12:19 AM   #1
ENC

Browning Gold 3.5 Mag Follower???

I am the proud new owner of the above listed shotgun. I took it apart to clean all of the factory grease out of it and give it some CLP before its first round. When I dumped out the magazine follower I noticed that it is comprised of two separate and nested parts. What is the purpose of the smaller part? The only thing I can think of is that it is a buffer of some sort. It is not even in any of the pictures in the owners manual. To be honest I am only guessing as to what order they go back in the mag in. Any help/guidance would be appreciated

Thanks
Evan
Old January 25, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2
waltr34

Browning Gold 3.5 Mag Follower???

I recently purchased same used & went to clean as you did. Came upon 2005 parts list from google showing 2 types of followers, one plastic, one aluminum. I believe the extra part is used to give some weight to the plastic one to function properly. I believe the ribbon-like springs go against the plastic follower and the other end engages the magazine spring. Here is the part# & name from the list,
B111624702 MAGAZINE SPRING WEIGHT ASSY 3.5" (II) $5.00. I plan to call Browning to make sure my assumption is correct.
Old January 26, 2012, 03:55 AM   #3
Orphanedcowboy

Is one metal with 3 fingers?

The actual follower is plastic and comprised of 1 piece, I have several Golds, first is a 1993 model and the latter is around the mid 2000's and they both have the same follower. I have a few extras if you need one, just drop me a PM with an address and I will mail one out to you.