The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 17, 2009, 06:00 PM   #1
jclayto

Dillon 650 - A few questions

I have a few issues on my newly acquired used dillon 650. I am sure a call to DIllon would help, but I have bothered those poor souls enough lately, so I would like to ask the forum instead.

1) I am pretty sure I have the camming pin adjusted correctly, however sometimes after the case slide puts the case in the shell plate, when I raise the ram the brass is slightly crooked, and i have to use my finger to align it with the die.

2) same as #1, but happens at station 2 100% of the time. I have again tried to adjust the station 2 locater to the best of my knowledge.

I am loading for .38/357 using a brand new conversion kit if this info helps.

There are a few other small issues, but I think these are the biggies now.
Old February 17, 2009, 08:20 PM   #2
dlb435

I'm guessing that this is not new brass. When brass is fired there is always some damage to the brass. Some guns are worse than others. Your brass is hanging a little as it slides into place. You can just keep pushing it in or try backing off the bolt to your shell plate just a little. This will give you just a little more room. Just because you have an auto-indexing press does not mean that it is fully automatic. You do have to work a little to make thing go. The Dillon 650 is a very fine press. Hope you enjoy it.