The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old March 21, 2010, 08:07 AM   #1
TX Hunter

Applied for C&R License

I sent in my aplication, for my C&R License, But am concerned I gave them my home phone number, I have read where alot of times the ATF calls you and questions you before issueing the license, If I am at work, and not by the phone will that affect my ability to get the license?
Mayb should have given them the Cell number.
Old March 21, 2010, 08:46 AM   #2
madcratebuilder

Very unlikely they well call you. Send your money and you C&R shows up in about one month, renew it every other year and odds are you well never hear from BATFE....unless your buying and selling a lot of guns.

Now watch, I'll get a call tomorrow from them wanting to come look!!!!!!!
Old March 21, 2010, 08:53 AM   #3
TX Hunter

Thanks Madcratebuilder

Man this is exciting, there are some nice rifles I have found on sites for very reasonable prices, that I would like to add to my Collection.
Im kind of itching for a Mossin Carbine, found some new in crate for 80 Dollars. http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/
Old March 21, 2010, 08:07 PM   #4
OcelotZ3

Quote:
Send your money and you C&R shows up in about one month
It has nearly been 2 months for mine and still no C&R...

Hope nothing is wrong.
Old March 21, 2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Clark500

Don't want to be a downer, but the Mosins at The Armory have been sold out for some time now. Check the ad a little closer and you'll see what I mean. The good news is there are plenty of C&R eligible guns still out there. Happy collecting!
Old March 22, 2010, 12:25 AM   #6
SigP6Carry

Damn, I was actually planning to order one of them, too.
Old March 22, 2010, 06:46 AM   #7
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Quote:
Send your money and you C&R shows up in about one month
It has nearly been 2 months for mine and still no C&R...

Hope nothing is wrong.
Sometimes it takes up to three months, I would not worry about it, think of all the money your saving!!!!

To all you getting your C&R for the first time, you can get a dealer account at Midway and Brownells with a copy of your C&R. That's about a 20% discount on almost all items. I paid for my C&R with just one Midway order.
Old April 11, 2010, 10:42 PM   #8
ncpatriot

My father in law has an old single shot tear gas gun. Made by Lake Erie Chemical Co. It's about 10 inches long, 3/4 diameter. Has a thumb trigger. Looked it up by patent #. Patented in the 1930's. I'll get a photo next time we're there and post it later.
Old April 11, 2010, 11:20 PM   #9
Cheapshooter

Congrats on joining the C&R crowd. Don't fret about BATF phone calls. Rarely if ever happens, and I have never heard of them calling with questions about your application. Keep an up-to-date " bound book" on all acquisitions and dispositions. On the rare event they want to audit you, that is normally all they want to see. Most of the time you can make arrangements to just bring your book in to their office. It is not like a Class 01 license. They have to contact you first. No surprise audits. And as I said, audits for 03 license holders are rare. Usually only if they suspect you are using your 03 to act as an 01 dealer.
A good forum for you to look at is http://milsurpshooter.net/. At the top of the page is a link to C&R Dealers. Look around on their sites for the type of guns you are interested in. Send the ones that most appeal to you a signed copy of your license so they have you on record. Many will include you on mailing lists for their flyers.
Happy collecting and good shooting.
Oh, you might want to think about another gun safe. Milsurps tend to grow like mushrooms!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old April 12, 2010, 09:38 AM   #10
Hardcase

They called me at home and left a message. I had neglected to put down my date of birth. By the time I called back, the guy had already looked it up on whatever database they have that contains my life's history, updated my application and mailed the license off.

Oh, and he was very nice on the phone. Just double checked my D.O.B. and thanked me for applying for a license.