The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 23, 2018, 01:34 PM   #1
HighValleyRanch

laser for kahr K40

I know that they once made the crimson trace grips, LG 460 for the steel framed K models.

But I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to mount one of the CT lasers LG 437 made for the polymer frames on the K49 or k9.
The trigger guards look very similar in shape.
I'm thinking that it might be possible to adapt the P or c model crimson trace to the K series by fitting the laser to the steel trigger guard or using modeling clay to fill.

Here, I did a photoshop rendition of what I want to do:

Anyone try this yet? Or do I have to be the first.

I do own a PM9, so if it can't be fitted to the K frame, I can mount it on my polymer pistol.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 10.39.00 AM.png (234.9 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by HighValleyRanch; December 23, 2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old December 27, 2018, 06:02 PM   #2
HighValleyRanch

NOBODY??
I did a long search and could not find anything on the internet showing someone that tried this combination.....so I guess I'll have to be the first one to do this.

so my LG437 came in today. I found a really good deal.

First I mounted on the metal K frame to see how it was going to fit. No problem, except it was a smiggen loose. So I simply wrapped the FRONT of the trigger guard with a couple of layers of electrical tape. It fit on perfectly, but there was a gap right under the recoil spring housing and a gap to the front strap. So I used some adhesive tape from my clipdraw box to take up the space. The crimson trace is actually very solid to the trigger guard, so it's more cosmetic than bonding puroses. I adjust the dot and it feels really solid. Will take it out shooting to confirm, but at this point I am sure it's fine by how solid it feels to the gun without any movement to the dot POA.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05715.JPG (235.8 KB, 142 views)