The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 16, 2001, 08:42 AM   #1
dreadnaught

Looking and searching for a set of rings and bases for a Model 75 Winchester Sporter. Its got a weird 8mm rail on it. Probably because its a 1969 Romanian Trainer instead of a Winchester. I tried Cheaperthandirt and Cabelas. No joy. Suggestions?
Old January 20, 2001, 04:58 AM   #2
Halfpint

Location: About to be gobbled up by "The People's Republic of Firestone"!
Check out the Burris line of rings and bases. And... Don't be afraid to actually drop them a line about the situation. I don't know if they actually will have them listed but I do know that every time *I* have contacted them with an `oddball' mounting situation they have been very helpful. (How much of their `helpfulness' has been because I happen to pretty much `just live down the road' from them I really don't know. {WAN GRIN!} But, at least for the time being, they have been the most helpful of all the different ring and mount makers I've dealt with. [I was even `lucky' to get `almost personalized?' instruction on how to put their `Signature' rings with those nice inserts `through the hoops'! One of their `techie?' types found out that I was engaged in `combat?' with `pasture poodles' on my farm and was willing to let other shooters come out and `have fun?' with `interactive targets' and while he was visiting he helped me setup a set of them on my Browning A-bolt .223 so that I could crank in a whole bunch more elevation than I previously could while still not going too far the opposite way with my adjustments. (It seems so `simple?' when one first reads the `instructions' but they are a *lot* more versatile than they let on! {BSE GRIN!} And... He showed me just how *much* trouble one *can* get `into?' if one *doesn't* `slow down' and *really* `think things through'! {AAIIIIEEEEE!!!})])

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!