The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 11, 2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Jerry45

Sig 522 parts ??

What are the two plastic blocks for that are in the bag with the extended recoil pad? Went through the manual three times. Nothing! Looked in every nuke and cranny from every angle inside and out of the rifle. I give! What in the heck are they for? Something to do with the thickerer pad?

Got it day before yesterday and took it to the range yesterday. Put the lesser expensive Sig Red Dot on it. It’s a blast! Shoots grate! 6 year-ole soon to be 7 grandsons was in heave killing a Zombie target and 25’ then 25 yards.

Shooting Remington bulk had two (ammo related. had good hard fireing pin hits) failures to fire. First one fired the second time through. No failures to feed or eject. Shot about 300 rounds, 50 Wollf Match the rest Remington. The gun functioned perfectly. I love this little rifle. Yah, I had as much fun with it as the grandson.

Last edited by Jerry45; November 11, 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old November 16, 2011, 09:08 PM   #2
Jerry45

Well, I’ve Googled and Googled and posted on two boares and no one seems to know what they are fore. Maybe they’re in there just for the *** factor.