The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 30, 2011, 09:35 AM   #26
overkill0084

Can't really add much to what's already been said. 9 mm isn't really too full of surprises. The typical cautions apply. In my limited experience, it hasn't thrown any curve balls.
Your Unique will will work fine. I use it for my 147 gr loads. 3.6 of Unque w/ 147 gr cast was very accurate in my CZ. I use 4.0 gr Bullseye in my 115 gr Plated RN general purpose loads. HS-6 works well when you want to dial up the power with jacketed bullets.

Disclaimer:
Sanity check loads you see on the internet against published data.
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Old August 31, 2011, 06:10 PM   #27
603Country

I think I'll buy some Power Pistol or maybe W231 for reloading the 115grain bullets. The dies are on order, and I got the Lee 4 die set, even though I said I'd buy Redding or RCBS. If it turns out that I want more reloading volume, I may try out that Lee Progressive press, so I went with the Lee dies. As soon as I finish my latest wood project (2 single beds), I'll set up the gear and start on the reloading and shooting.
Old August 31, 2011, 10:48 PM   #28
1SOW

Quote:
I may try out that Lee Progressive press, so I went with the Lee dies.
The LEE dies will fit the other brands of common presses.
Old September 1, 2011, 05:14 PM   #29
603Country

Sure, I know the Lee dies work fine in other presses. I just didn't want to find out, once I got the Lee progressive (if I get it eventually), that the Lee dies have advantages in their system operation. If they do, I'm covered. If they don't, that's fine too.