The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 3, 2010, 09:27 PM   #1
lil64gto

Bushnell Legend vs Millett 6x25x56

I see that Natchez has a closeout on Bushnell Legend 5x15 and the discontinued Millett 6x25x56. I want to put one of these on my 22CHeetah, but not sure if the Millett will give me the optics quality or dependability that the Legend scope will. Does anyone out there have any word of advise?

Thanks

Jim
Old March 7, 2010, 02:55 AM   #2
shakes

I have the millett 4-16x50 and love it. Everything seems very clear, gets a little fuzzy and finicky if i crank it all the way up in high temps, but i think they all do.

The turrets on my millet seem a little goofy, but I haven't played with them to much yet. The collar on the windage turret on mine is loose till you tighten it up, seems a little sloppy to me. My buddy has the same one and his doesn't move. Just something to watch for, only defect that I've noticed.

Im unsure of the Bushnell, I have only used cheapo bushnells. Just my two cents on the milletts. FWIW

Also there is a SS 20x for sale in the forsale section for $250 I see might be an option. Happy shopping
Old March 7, 2010, 09:59 AM   #3
tkofoid

Bushnell Legend

Junk,,,Junk,,,Junk,, do not buy! I am unfamiliar with Millet, but I do know its better than the Legend.
Old March 7, 2010, 10:27 AM   #4
10-96

I haven't been just real impressed with either one of those manufacturers. For the same price range, I've have all sorts of happies with Mueller scopes. I don't know if they're from China, Japan, or the Phillipines- Who knows? They could come out of the same plant as the Bushnells and Millets, but in my opinion, the quality of the Mueller is leaps and bounds above the other two.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old March 9, 2010, 09:26 PM   #5
lil64gto

Thanks everyone for your responses, I truly appreciate them.

Shakes are you speaking about the newer version Millett or the old style ones from a couple of years ago?

Last edited by lil64gto; March 10, 2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old March 14, 2010, 11:48 PM   #6
shakes

The one i have is a millett buck gold tactical rifle scope 4-16x50 side focus mildot multicoat illuminated reticle 30mm tube. Thats all i got for info on it.

I have had it for a little over a year, but i do not know how long it was sitting on the shelf. When i bought my FN pbr he asked if i was putting my bushnell trophy on it, and I said yeah. Then he pulled that one out of the box and said that most of the varmiters (on a budget)were starting out with that scope. When i looked through it and put it on the rifle I fell in love with it. Looks wicked on the pbr. But good glass and function IMO. But this is the most expensive scope that I have owned so far. Still getting my feet wet in all this.