The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 9, 2009, 06:10 PM   #26
Emerson

If you're shooting 200 rds / week, I would suggest a progressive press. Loading that many rounds a week on a single stage press would get tiresome pretty quickly.......at least to me.

You will probably find the two most recommended progressives to the Hornady Lock-n-load and a Dillon 550b. You can find plenty of threads on which one is "better" by using the search function.

I have a Dillon 550b and you can get the complete set-up with all the need to have items for a little over $600, which you will save in around 3 months at your volume of shooting. With a good progressive press you can easily load 250 rds / hr. I typically load about 350-400 rds an hour but can crank it up a little higher if I'm in a hurry.