The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 24, 2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Tom2

Russian Mauser HSc?

Got a very crisp looking perfect bore 7.65 Mauser HSc with the X mark on the web, and the normal German inspection marks. Looks almost mint or such. Anyone hear about any of these being imported from Russia? I bought it based on price, perfect bore, and condition. Cannot tell if it is refinished or not. Finish looks perfect to me. No signs of any wear, buffing, or pitting under the finish. Does not have the fine polish of a commercial gun though. More like a late Walther PP finish. Thanks
Old October 17, 2006, 11:40 PM   #2
TooTech

Hmmm. If it's a recent import it should have the importer's marking on it somewhere. Anything visible?

I have a later commercial model brought in by Interarms. EXCELLENT pocket pistols.
Old October 21, 2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Tom2

None

No import or other extraneous marks except the X. BTW it functioned reliably at the range, but not accurate at over 15 yards for me. And the bore is immaculate. Frankly there are other 32's that are better to shoot for me. Like the Brownings, or the postwar CZ's. Maybe even the Beretta wartime. Like the Walthers except they bite me.