The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 23, 2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Valornor

New Source of Components

Looks like Grizzly.com has gotten into the business of supplying powder, primers And other gunsmithing/reloading stuff. I know they offered limited gun smithing supplies but this is new.

Any way I just got an email advertisement for it. Haven't had a chance to check them out but looks like they carry reputable brands but I'd figured I'dspreas the word.

Looking for a new blog dealing with firearms and reloading, check out http://theheadstamp.com/
Old November 23, 2013, 12:04 PM   #2
mikld

Went to the site and saw yellow (Smart Reloader) stuff. I've learned my lesson; don't buy the yellow stuff...
Old November 24, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Valornor

Never seen that brand. That band eh?

Looking for a new blog dealing with firearms and reloading, check out http://theheadstamp.com/
Old November 25, 2013, 12:56 PM   #4
mikld

A while back I saw a "C" type press on sale in a catalog (don't remember which vendor) and bought it, mebbe $18.00. The press I got was the worse piece of junk I have ever encountered under the name "reloading equipment". Gritty, rough ram movement. Sloppy ram to frame fit. Waaaay loose threads. I had trouble sizing .38 Special cases; had to guide each case into the die, and had difficulty running case into die (low leverage, rough ram travel, tight spots). I even had problems using a ram prime tool; I had to move the shell holder and push the primer stem to line up with the hole in the shell holder. I have read of other Smart Reloader equipment that is pure junk. The only good thing about my junker press is it has a decent paint job, other than that it's only use is to remind me to never purchase any yellow equipment again, ever!
Old November 25, 2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Tony Z

If I'm not mistaken, the "Smart Reloader" brand is sold by a number of different vendors and on Amazon.

As I look for long life out of tools, I generally buy the best for the job at hand. I'm also not opposed to altering or re-working anything I own to do my job better or easier, or to improve the tool.