The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 3, 2024, 05:12 PM   #1
Gulfcowboy

32 shotshells

I recently put a ruger sp101 in 327 magnum with a 4 in barrel on layaway. I've been looking for one of these little revolvers for a long time. I read a article on loading 32 shot shells. I wondering if anyone here as loaded shot shells for the 32. If so, how do you like it? Any tips? Thanks for any replies.
Old March 3, 2024, 06:19 PM   #2
tangolima

I haven't done exactly that, but something related. I convert .32 brass shell to some other caliber. Magtech makes brass shells and it uses LPP instead of 209 primers. That's what I know.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old March 3, 2024, 08:04 PM   #3
rc

I made a few shotshells years ago for my 32 mag. I used cardboard from a shotshell box cut with a sharpened case for the base and cap wad. I didn't get great patterns but it can be done if you want to play. The article I had read before I tried it suggesting capping with some Elmer's glue around the edges. You may also be able to use a 30 caliber copper gas check for the base but it may turn sideways in the barrel anyways and at least the cardboard won't leave an obstruction. I think something thicker would be better for the base wad with some compressibility like cork.
Old March 3, 2024, 08:28 PM   #4
.358 whelen

www.thegunmag.com/shot-loads-for-the-32-hr-magnum/