The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old July 6, 2001, 04:34 PM   #1
Hal

Ohio, Western PA- get together .

Anyone else up for a get together with fellow TFL'er Mike H. from across the big puddle? He's going to be visiting the States sometime this month, and according to his posts he'd like to share the range with a few of us Yanks. He's going to be staying in the Pittsburgh area, so we need a place between here and there. The range L'il Joe had the last get together at is 45 min East of Akron, and about an hour West of Pittsburgh.
Old July 6, 2001, 09:43 PM   #2
LilJoe

When?

All we need to know is when! We haven't shot that much and are trying to find the time! Or maybe and excuse to put everything else aside! LOL If the get together is after the 19th of July then we could have the range all to ourselves! Only down side will be no ammo sales nor gun sales. He will be closed and on vacation but we will have access to the range. And it would probably just be $5 per person for all day. Oh plus targets. But the range will be closed to the public. And as always SAFETY first. But like the past I'm not worried about that! Just keep us posted. Or if the weather is nice we can shoot here at the house and play payback to my neighbor!!!! The range has easy access from all directions and should only be about 50 to 70 minutes from Pittsburg! If needed I can p/m the directions to everyone when needed!

So far as of edit

RAE
Mike H (when travel plans are made!)
hksigwalther
Lil' Joe
Marci
Jonathan (four yr old with a loaded gun?? Good things its a BB)
Tom
Holly
Eric
Tracy
3Guns (Mark)

Last edited by LilJoe; July 8, 2001 at 12:33 PM.
Old July 7, 2001, 08:34 AM   #3
hksigwalther

I'm there.
Old July 7, 2001, 08:35 PM   #4
hksigwalther

The range

HAH. Had gone to a paticular gun shop near the range today just to check the shop out (also took and unscheduled test drive of a new Acura RSX Type-S). On the way home decided to take a different route and happened on the road the range is on. Passed by the range. Now I know where it is by accident.

Edit : That should sanitize it enough.

Last edited by hksigwalther; July 7, 2001 at 09:06 PM.
Old July 7, 2001, 09:10 PM   #5
Hal

Ron,
Acura RSX Type-S = Cool. My wife had an Integra a few years ago. She really liked it a lot. Nice cars.
Glad to see you'll make it. for right now, we don't have a time yet. We're pretty much waiting on Mike H to get his travel plans together.

Joe,
The range would be cool. I had a blast knocking down those steel plates last time. Course if we shoot at your place, I could always bring my laptop an el cheapo Intel camera, and an 100 foot ethernet cable and we could play "live get together" on the web
Old July 7, 2001, 09:11 PM   #6
LilJoe

Thanks Ron

Thanks again Ron. For those that need the directions, We will send them via PM's. So far we are up to about 7 people so far! And we haven't even set a date yet! LOL Dang people must just look for any reason to shoot! LOL

Joe and Marci
Old July 7, 2001, 09:16 PM   #7
LilJoe

Theres an idea! LOL

We may even be able to do that at the range!! Don't know if we could get cable access in there. But we could make RM's of some of it and let people watch! Naaaa Make them watch! LOL Add flash intro to TFL's welcome page! LMAO

100 foot cable here I don't think would be long enough unless we put the camera on the roof of the house! Might need to use a scope in the computer to watch it! LOL

Last edited by LilJoe; July 8, 2001 at 12:28 PM.
Old July 8, 2001, 02:13 PM   #8
3 gun

Tusco has a plate shoot/pig roast on the 15th of July. Will Mike H be around then? Great way to "show off" some of our best. Great range, great people and awesome hardware at these shoots. Search past posts for more details about Tusco and the plate shoots held there.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Old July 8, 2001, 08:41 PM   #9
falconer

I doubt I'd be able to make it the 19th, I have class that night. The 15th at Tusco would be good, I'm planning on making that. I might even be bringing my pistol coach and some teammates.
Old July 8, 2001, 10:39 PM   #10
LilJoe

the19th

Falc. the 19th isn't the date. There is no date set yet. We have to wait to see when Mike H is going to be in the states. Once we find that out we can work on setting a date for that. If it 3 weeks after the 19th. Then the range will be open to the public also, like last time.
Old July 9, 2001, 10:00 PM   #11
LilJoe

Range is ours!

Whatever the date and whatever the time the range is ours. Now lets just get the date! The time? All day!
Old July 13, 2001, 10:06 PM   #12
Hal

BTT
Old July 14, 2001, 08:11 AM   #13
hksigwalther

No date set yet?
Old July 14, 2001, 09:18 AM   #14
LilJoe

Haven't heard yet either!

Guess Mike is still getting his travel plans together. Might be a fellow TFLer in the area from Colorado Springs the first of September. Maybe he will be able to join us at the sametime if someones travel plans don't come together sooner.
Old July 14, 2001, 12:41 PM   #15
Hal

Last post from Mike said he'd be in the Pennsylvania the 14th,,, today. I haven't heard from him. I'm up for getting together next Saturday if anyone else is. If Mike's here by then he's welcome to stop by.

Doh! I forgot to ask him if he has internet access over here.
Old July 22, 2001, 06:20 PM   #16
LilJoe

No word from Mike

Guess no one has heard from Mike H??????
Old July 22, 2001, 06:25 PM   #17
Jamie Young

Why don't you guys hold one on Sept 16th. I'm going to see if I can get the guys in Utah to hold one on the same day. NATIONAL TFL SHOOT SEPTEMBER 16th
Old July 22, 2001, 09:03 PM   #18
Hal

SodaPop,
Sounds like a good idea.

Joe,
Nope nada.