The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 4, 2002, 12:51 PM   #1
Kobra

Year of SXS

Interesting both Ruger and Weatherby are producing SXS's this year. I like the look of the Ruger's better but I can't make a final decision until I have seen both.

Still it's interesting...
Old February 4, 2002, 09:44 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

It's a response to the market, Kobra. With the NIDS starting at $11K and having a 18 month waiting list, there's an obvious demand.

But, things can go awry, you may recall the lukewarm reception the Japanese Parker repros got.
And the foreign supply seems to be divided between clunkers and high priced masterpieces, with little in between.

Still, it'd be nice to have some decent SXSs around...
Old February 5, 2002, 12:10 AM   #3
C.R.Sam

Decent and affordable would be nice indeed.

With customer service yet.

Sam
Old February 5, 2002, 09:45 AM   #4
retiredsgt

Year of sxs

I stopped in a new dealer yesterday and talked to them about the Gold Label. Looks like a nice gun(from the catalog). Probably will not be out for a while. I was seriously looking at several new Red Labels in 28 ga., but will wait for the "Gold". Though some folks don't like the Red Labels, I believe they are a much better gun than Brownings.
Old February 5, 2002, 01:37 PM   #5
Kobra

I have been interested in a SXS for awhile. My granddad had a really old non-functional SXS that I always wished worked. Fabarms was about the only conceivable possibilities until this year. I have seen enough to suggest a Gold Label will probably be the route I would go if these things start showing up in the stores.