The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 10, 2005, 08:14 AM   #1
kjm

Remington Mod 12, and 1873 Trapdoor Rifle

I recently inherited two rifles. I would like information on either of them if I could get it (websites are nice too if there are any). Mostly date of manufacture, approximate value etc...

Remington Model 12, .22 S,L & LR/ Ser No. 81554x

Springfield Model of 1873 Trapdoor 45-70/ Ser no:28490

Also, while it isn't a firearm, I inherited my grandfather's war trophy Nazi sabre. The pommel has the head of a lion with what appear to be ruby eyes. The sabre is in excellent condition as well. Brass handgard, leather wrapped handle and the blade appears to be about 1.5 inches wide and about 30" long. Mostly appearing to be a ceremonial or official thing, not for actual fighting. Thanks for any information there too.

Both are shootable though I likely never shoot the springfield because of age. The .22 is in excellent condition.

Thanks,

kjm
Old October 10, 2005, 04:31 PM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Not sure offhand of the others but you might want to check out www.trapdoorcollercollector.com