The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 11, 2012, 09:59 PM   #26
orionengnr

I probably use the Speer most often, followed by the Hornady. I also cross-check with the powder manufacturers' websites, because I do some loading for less main-stream cartridges such as .45LC, .41 Mag and 10mm. I also have the Lee, but the first (large number of) pages reads like a never-ending Lee commercial. Kind of a turn-off.

Looks like I need to buy a Lyman, based on the feedback here.
Old January 14, 2012, 06:19 AM   #27
govmule84

I use a Lyman 49th, Lee, Lyman Handgun, and Sierra.

All are useful. Lee gives volumes, which is nice, and dipper conversions for starting loads, in case you don't have a scale.

Lyman usually has more loads listed than the others. They also give cartridge and (I recently found out due to another reloader on here) test gun information, so you can compare it to your setup.

Sierra has interesting cartridge info and lots of hunting loads, so you might be able to skip that one.

More always appears to be better - cross-checking load info is nice. However, if I had to have just one, it would probably be the Lyman. Lee pushes their products pretty hard...