The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 10, 2008, 04:21 AM   #1
jssbastiat

need replacement gun for 7mm hogue stock

ok, my belgium made 7mm rem mag...with a new hogue syn stock...is worn out and the bolt busted....and it has a new nikon scope...

what to do? I'd like to put a 22.250, 243, 223, etc bolt action in it....but where to start to buy something like this?...

i live in alaska and need a small cal gun for trail..my 7mm was to big, so, i did head shots on small game or used a fmj which was way to expensive..

please email me at [email protected] if possible...or post here...email is easier...
scotty
Old December 10, 2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Scorch

If you are near Anchorage, cal Ken at Wild West Guns, and he can help get you set up. What kind of rifle was the 7mm Mag? I may be interested in it.
Old December 10, 2008, 03:30 PM   #3
jssbastiat

it's belgium made? Mauser?....and yes, I'd be willing to sell it

the bolt cracked and needs to be replaced...i dno't need a 7 mag, but would like something smaller in it....right now, the guy at precision arms has it and said he would look around for something. He has been quick and prompt, but, did not sound like he had anything there that could be done quickly...i don't want to spend alot of money on a new one, I have to rebuild a 4 wheeler and a snow machine....

but, i would sell the stock and nikon....the only thing I need for the nikon is to replace the rubber ring at teh eye piece, it came off when i pulled the pop off scope cover...but the scope is brand new, like a 4x14 BDC....Or even trade...

you can write me here, or at [email protected] or call me 907-923-3021 during the day and ask for scotty starr....or after 5 pm til 12am...923-2140..email is the best...

a semi auto .223 would be great, but, i would go for a bolt or even a single shot for the right, cheap price!