The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 26, 2008, 05:04 PM   #26
Shadi Khalil

I think its great that the instructor cant wear that tommy gun pack and not laugh.
Old March 1, 2008, 11:27 PM   #27
Sgt.Fathead

Any bit of additional info adds to the mental arsenal we will all have to use against those who would attempt to take out lives. Thanks much for posting this sticky!
Old March 12, 2008, 03:01 AM   #28
D53

I know this is an old thread and most have moved on from it, but 1 more thanks for the links, great info on the videos
Old March 18, 2008, 07:30 PM   #29
Epyon

Andy 6222....

Good link, but the video lags, does anyone have a better running video anywhere?

Epyon
Vote Epyon for president in 2008, if you vote for Epyon all of your wildest dreams will come true: This campaign was brought to you by Epyon; funded in part by the Pizza Party, Surprise Party, Birthday Party, and Slumber Party.
Old April 5, 2008, 11:18 PM   #30
sidroski

Can you copy this to DVD and how do you do it? Don't want to break copyright laws but would like to send my PC-less,doen'twant one mother a copy (I did buy her a dvd for watching movies with the grandkids at night).
Old May 14, 2008, 10:24 AM   #31
Fer

Looks good, but I can only see the the video advertisements for Smart carry, the shop and the pack, I cant see the actual training course I tried to copy the target and I get a message that the format is not suported by internet explorer, but then why is it I can see the ardvertisements?
I truly wanted to see the course
Old May 17, 2008, 10:06 AM   #32
ccw08

Just got done watching it and VERY INFORMATIVE

Thank You
Old May 20, 2008, 08:05 PM   #33
nbknnt

Dude, I Watch TV too, and I Don't Need This Stuff!

Come on, now!

Smart Carry, Dumb Carry, what's the difference?

I don't need web commercials on top of the other garbage that gets thrown at me on TV.

Don't waste my time and bandwidth with this kind of nonsense!

You may log into the Firing Line to watch come-on ads, but I definitely don't!
Old May 21, 2008, 12:20 AM   #34
ActivShootr

I really love how he demonstrates with LOADED firearms. :barf:

I sure am glad I'm not in a classroom with this guy. I wonder if his cameraman gets hazzard pay.

What a goon.
Old May 21, 2008, 04:06 PM   #35
P220C

I No likey.

Aside from the amazing breeches of muzzle discipline, he states that a knife is in the continium of force. Say again?!?!?! Let me get this straight... He believes that a knife is less lethal than a gun. He states, "fists, pepper spray, knife, gun." He then draws the knife flicks it to open it (and acts as though those watching will be impressed by that) and prepares to defend himself with it.

I understand that a knife can be used as a weapon. What I don't understand is why he would say that a knife ranks below the gun in a continium of force. Maybe he has some case prescedent that backs that statement up, but a man armed with a knife can kill you just as dead as a man armed with a gun. He just has a shorter ranged weapon.

I think Mas is credited with saying something along the lines of always respect a weapon that can send you home in multiple body bags.

Me thinks this instructor should get to a Thunder Ranch, Gunsite or an ILF course before he films another of these painful videos.

On a funnier note, I did find it mildly ammusing when he is pointing at his crotch while wearing the smart carry and swaying side to side. Good thing the sound worked, or there would have been some 'splainin' to do.
Old November 15, 2008, 12:01 AM   #36
cchardwick

I laughed when he opened up the revolver and all the rounds fell out all over himself LOL. Good instruction though, very similar to the class I had when I got my Concealed Carry Permit. And good idea to practice with snap caps.

I always carry my semi autos with NO round in the chamber and only chamber a round when I'm ready to shoot. This is the safest way to carry and you can train to chamber a round when you draw and it doesn't take any additional time. That's why I carry a Glock because when I chamber a round I don't want to be bothered with a safety. Just watch some of the Die Hard movies and you'll see that one of the tactics they use is to sneak up behind the enemy, grab the gun in their holster and shoot them in the foot with their own gun. I noticed that in this training video he did have a LIVE round in the chamber and I saw it hit the table when he pulled back the slide. Not safe in my opinion, but like he said everyone has their own slight modification of self defence tactics. Like the post above, I'm glad I wasn't actually in the classroom with this guy. That live round in the chamber had me jumping in my chair the rest of the way through.

What's the deal with the old thread warning? I post something new that's already been posted and get yelled at by the older folks and here I am with an 'Old Thread Warning' LOL.

Last edited by cchardwick; November 15, 2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old November 29, 2008, 01:19 AM   #37
NormOps

Quote:
With all due respect to all of those on this thread who seem to favor those videos I have most certainly seen better instruction than this before . . .
Is there any time you simply believe anything and everything you hear? No.
It is prudent to critique.
Not to say there wasn't some good points, there was.

Eli W.
Old December 16, 2008, 10:25 AM   #38
casio02478

Some good pointer and it is free, can't complain.
Old December 29, 2008, 07:18 AM   #39
Kline605

Thanks Andy 6222 for the post. Obviously there was some good and bad to be taken from the videos, but we learn from both.
Old December 30, 2008, 02:17 PM   #40
Nexttime

Doesn't seem to work with Safari on OSX.
Old March 19, 2009, 02:53 PM   #41
MDCREEKMORE

It's hard to beat free. Thanks for listing this, now I have something else on my to do list. At least I can take it at my own pace.

http://thesurvivalistblog.blogspot.com
Old April 16, 2009, 07:29 PM   #42
Gregory Gauvin

Check out chapter 7. The 44 magnum was loaded all the while.
Old April 17, 2009, 10:15 AM   #43
Enoy21

Like FER I too can only see the advertisements and not the axctual training... but then I'm trying to pass through a corporate firewall that may be causing some issues.
Old April 20, 2009, 06:35 PM   #44
Enoy21

Ok .... After watching the videos ..... Although I realize there is some very good information in there. I couldn't help but think to my self that if an Anti saw this video they would laugh at the format and the speaker and have some cannon fodder rather than changing their views on anything....

He seemed quite a bit "out there" lol.

Good info either way .... but ... yeah.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:34 PM   #45
broncobob

Gratitude to Andy 6222.

My hat's off to Andy 6222.
The course is very informative.
Old May 28, 2009, 06:38 AM   #46
Blackthunder

I visit the forum quite often, I rarely ever post anything here, but this time I felt compelled.

There is only one thing more dangerous than a little knowledge, and that is a little wrong knowledge.

This guy really does not know his stuff. The worst thing is that this self professed ‘guru:barf:’, will probably influence beginners, that think he is the best thing since sliced bread………

His tactics with both knives and firearms, can get you killed faster than anything. His level of knowledge is 0. And worst of all he is very unsafe in the way he handles both firearms and knives ( did I spot it correctly: does he miss a finger tip on his left hand?).

If you want to have training that can provide you with skills, that might give you an edge in difficult situations. I would recommend to start working on basic firearms skills, and your overall physical shape
And then to seek out intense training from people that have years of actual combat experience, and that train professionals. This type of training is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Most programs for civilians, just do not cut it.

Last edited by Blackthunder; May 30, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old June 21, 2009, 05:56 PM   #47
Roaddogg 4040

I am new to this web site and just watched this CCW video. As some of you point out, it was somewhat disconcerting to watch this guy with all that live ammo spilling out of guns and bouncing all over the place. There was a lot of good information and a lot of miss handling of guns too, but it was informative and I do appreciate the posting of the videos...

Steve
Old June 22, 2009, 09:47 PM   #48
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
I'm trying to watch this but not getting any sound... Of course, the commercial at the beginning is coming in loud and clear
Old July 9, 2009, 10:21 PM   #49
IZZY

HE DOES SAY there is no camera man later on ( during the "robbery" chapter 15) Then in chapter 18 asks the camera man to leave???? WTH?

His ammo section ( and promotion of a proprietary ammo) left something to be desired.

The actual HG tactics were really just as "Half-Homie" as his self labled stance...why not advocate piont shooting instead????

Last edited by IZZY; July 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old July 31, 2009, 05:29 AM   #50
38super

Thank you for sharing