The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 25, 2002, 01:40 AM   #26
Blue Duck357

Well I'm convinced,

They are all staying, I've regretted far more handgun sales than I didn't, and it seems that I'm a buy high sell low kind of guy so this could get real expensive anyway. Besides I may wake up in a situation like Mass residents did and find out I can't replace what I've got now.

Thanks for all the good advice!
Old January 25, 2002, 01:39 PM   #27
fraglord

I have sold 2 handguns in the last 4 months because I no longer shoot them. I have already purchased one new gun and am thinking about 2 others to add to my collection. I am very happy about both my gun sales because I freed up some $ to get what I really wanted
Old January 25, 2002, 01:53 PM   #28
eagle10

Fire sale? You don't have to do that. You can just send them off to me and I will fire them for you!!

eagle10
Old January 25, 2002, 05:13 PM   #29
JWC in MS

I'm with the group that says don't sell! I have no "need" for any other firearms, but a boat load of wants. My biggest problem now is finding the time to cast for the different loads. Seems I have been spending money buying bullets that could have gone to more firearms purchases.
Old January 25, 2002, 05:35 PM   #30
rock_jock

I sure do enjoy the guns I have but in general I'm not into collecting much of anything, except dust on my brain (or so some accuse). I'm sure I'll continue to buy guns for the rest of my life but I doubt I will ever pick something up "just to have it". Example, I was recently tempted to buy a M1 Carbine, but could not figure out exactly what I would do with it, so I passed.
Old January 25, 2002, 06:08 PM   #31
Bompa

It's great to be a Mass. resident and from what I hear it will
be even better soon.. Perhaps they will let us have pictures
of the guns that we would like to own,because it looks like that
is as close as we will be able to come to new guns..Or old
ones too..
Old January 27, 2002, 08:29 PM   #32

Rock: you are the exact opposite of me. You try to figure out why you want something. I try to figure out why I wouldn't want it. Actually I am always trying to figure out how I let the sun set one more time without me having one of those.
Old January 28, 2002, 03:17 PM   #33
seadog

I bought and sold and traded for 20 years. I realized I had traded over 100 guns of various types and lost money on more than a few. Now, I buy and NEVER sell. Just make dang sure it is something you really want....
Old January 28, 2002, 11:44 PM   #34
commander

Once I have talked myself out of it,

that's it. I don't ever look back. while I most heartily recommend having both a practice-spare and a backup gun, along with the "carry" gun, and the "stash" gun only the carry and pracice are the same model. I DO, however, try to stick to the same action type (SA auto) The practice gun is a steel Commander, the carry gun a LW Commander, the backup a Sig P239, the "stash" is a highly modified .22 pocket auto. I don't want any more than that, and have not wanted such for several years now. I went thru scores of different types finding out hwat is what, however. I'd rather spend my time and $ getting better with what I have, testing loads, etc. Any little kid can "collect" things, so it has never had any appeal for me. Kids can get their own, or do without, that's up to them. I will try my best to make them aware of the real score about big brother, etc, but there is no way to create a warrior, if the heart just isn't there. They will value both the guns and their freedom more when they have to pay for it themselves.