The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 3, 2022, 01:00 AM   #26
rc

Unfortunately you'll need to wait till prices come down to get a good supply for a reasonable price. Some of mine have prices of $15/1000. You can probably also use large rifle magnum primers if you can find them cheaper.
Old August 3, 2022, 09:25 AM   #27
seanc

Quote:
I have had the best primer success shopping at smaller local gun shops that carry reloading supplies. Going rate in my area as of 15 July 2022 was $90 per brick of 1000. Of course now, all the primers are gone at the shops I visited.
I gave up on small shops a year ago. Then a few months back, I was at a small sporting goods place just killing time as a new shipment was dropped off at the gun counter. Score! Magnum primers, but it was better than none, which is what I had for large primers.
Old August 3, 2022, 02:18 PM   #28
ballardw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenick View Post
'Scored', I suspect. Blasted auto-correct is a conspiracy to mangle perfectly good sentences.
Maybe it depends on just how hard/long it took to find'em and "scoured" is appropriate!