The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old November 29, 2020, 11:13 PM   #51
KyJim

For pocket carry, I like the DeSantis Nemesis. I've carried a Ruger LCP, Sig P238, Kahr CM9, and a SW J-frame in various sizes of this holster. They conceal the guns well and allow a quick and easy draw because the outside of the holster seems to grip the pocket, so only the gun is drawn, not the whole holster.

IWB, the Sparks SS-II is great. OWB, I have a variety of styles from custom to mass market holsters (like Galco). I probably have more pancake OWB holsters than any other style.
Old December 2, 2020, 07:24 AM   #52
shurshot

I have bought several IWB leather holsters off the Bay, from "J&J"... SUPERB leather! Great price, good fit and they ship fast. Made here in the USA too.
Old December 2, 2020, 07:55 PM   #53
Jimbo-Indy

I prefer leather. Have one kydex paddle for 1911 that works ok but doesn't conceal well. Before retiring, I wore mostly High Noon shoulder rigs under a vest or an MTR belt slide. I tend to carry larger/heavier pistols. Consider my Kahr CT40 a compact. For IWB, recommend the MTR A1. Makes you forget the CZ 97B or Ruger P90 is on your waist. They also make a convertable IWB/OWB that works well too.
Old December 4, 2020, 12:22 AM   #54
1MoreFord

I have IWB and OWB holsters. I have leather and kydex holsters. It all depends on the gun and the purpose. Choose carefully and buy wisely.
Old February 12, 2021, 04:38 PM   #55
tex45acp

I really like my Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 IWB for my Wilson Combat Professional

I love My Wilson Combat IWB Paddle for my Browning HiPower

and my Tucker for OWB Carry
Old February 13, 2021, 03:14 AM   #56
Moenie

Leather, with open bottom. I don’t like my gun resting on the front of the barrel.
Old February 13, 2021, 03:02 PM   #57
toxophilus

For concealed carry, I've narrowed it down (finally) to my Milt Sparks; I like that it's easy to re-holster since the mouth is reinforced with a metal band so it won't collapse on me.

Old February 14, 2021, 04:23 PM   #58
Two Shanks

First choice Matt Del Fatti. Second choice Nighthawk or Milt Sparks. All OWB.
Old February 14, 2021, 04:32 PM   #59
TunnelRat

Types and makes of holsters you prefer

I’ve carried In leather holsters, hybrid holsters (with either a leather or synthetic backing), and entirely kydex holsters. These days I use kydex holsters. They all have pluses and minuses. For kydex I like JM Custom Kydex. I think the quality of the final product for the price is very good and he has an attention to smaller details that I appreciate.

I terms of Serpa holsters, as others have mentioned the prevailing wisdom seems to be against them due to negligent discharges encountered in their use. I have a Serpa, I’ve used it some, and I don’t really care for it. Frankly for an OWB “duty” type holster that offers some kind of active retention I think the Safariland ALS is just superior. I think the mechanism is smoother, less prone to fouling, and the product has a nicer finish. However the ALS is generally more expensive. I have a Blackhawk Omnivore as well and it’s not bad, quite versatile really and a better active retention system than a Serpa, imo. I have heard positive comments on the Blackhawk T series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 14, 2021, 05:31 PM   #60
mk70ss

Leather OWB for 99% of the time. Galco, Bullard Leather, and Azula Leather are my go brands. I have a few kydex, but prefer leather. I also use a Don Hume leather pocket holster for my LCP and Beretta 950