The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 12, 2012, 01:30 PM   #1
1hogfan83

Hk usp and usp compact differences

I was pretty, dead, set on a HK P2000SK. I stopped by the local gun store and they had a USP 9mm full size with the LEM. The dealer admitted he didn't know much of anything about hk's. He wasnt sure of the variant but that was about a 10 foot trigger pull but the brake was so sweet. Now this is a full size USP, how much bigger is the full than the compact? Is the slide the only difference? Btw I love the mag release, my finger just falls on it. I believe I have the smallest hands in the known world. My thumb won't touch the slide release. Final question, I know we all have different body types but in general, would a full size be abe to be carried comfortable? I'm 5'10, 200 pounds. Forgot to mention the gun is $560 and looks brand new.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old September 12, 2012, 03:45 PM   #2
PSP

Here's a shot of all three. A USP, USPc and a P2000sk. The USP is longer and taller by a bit, and the P2000 is smaller than both. The grip length is the main difference as the circumference is about the same. The P2000 has different backstraps to get a more comfy grip.

All of these are DA/SA, so I'm no help on the LEM trigger, but I think they run at 8# or so. The USP is a duty size gun. The USPc and P2000sk are better suited to concealment.

Old September 12, 2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Coltman 77

Great photo PSP. It clearly shows the differences among the HK's.

ETA

I took my P2000 SK to the range yesterday and put 250 quick rds. of 124 gr. American Eagle through her.

Smooth shooting, great accuracy -- one of my favorite HK's.

It's a great handgun by any measure.

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA

Last edited by Coltman 77; September 12, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old September 12, 2012, 07:39 PM   #4
1hogfan83

Thanks guys,

The picture made things easier to decide. I'll wait for a month or two and maybe just buy a new P2000SK. If im going to get a gun, I gotta make sure it's exactly what I want.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old September 12, 2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Mrgunsngear

Here's mine for reference.....