The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 8, 2011, 04:26 PM   #1
JACK308

reloading and storing powder in a appartment

Does anyone have any ISSUES on storing smokless powder in an appartment house? I keep the powder wraped up in a plastic bag in the container it came in down in my storage area on a wooden table I built.The reason I'm writting this is because this if I ever have a problem might be grounds to KICK ME OUT! and I wont be getting any haz - mat dilvered to my address I will pick up at UPS 5 min.away. people are strange when it comes to GUNS.
Old August 8, 2011, 04:29 PM   #2
zxcvbob

Does your lease say "no gunpowder"? (of course it doesn't) So don't worry about it.

Keeping where nosy managers and maintenance folk don't see it might be wise, but it's a lot harder to evict someone from an apartment than you might think.
Old August 8, 2011, 04:52 PM   #3
praetorian97

I wouldnt worry but like stated above. Dont flaunt it.Tuck away so if it is ever brought up you know they were digging around to find it.
Old August 8, 2011, 04:59 PM   #4
JACK308

no gun powder in my lease I looked!
Old August 8, 2011, 05:19 PM   #5
praetorian97

I was under the impression that it doesnt matter if there is or not. They can give you notice anytime to vacate. I could be wrong.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:28 PM   #6
JACK308

they put up a notice in the lobby..... no open flames left unattendant or a notice will be vacant lease terminanation I dont know if that means gun powder or not so I'l be careful.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:36 PM   #7
jephthai

Quote:
no open flames left unattendant
That's to keep people from burning candles (and such) and catching the building on fire. I was a janitor in a college dorm once, and we found some strange puddles of wax...

Anyway, as long as you don't leave your gunpowder lit and unattended, I can't imagine that rule should have any bearing on it.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:56 PM   #8
JACK308

ok thanks
Old August 8, 2011, 08:44 PM   #9
Twinsig

i found a commercial 5 drawer file cabinet with locking bar and kept everything in it (EXCEPT PRIMERS) didnt have a safe and didnt want one (invitation ya know). They shouldnt be all that interested in 'files', can they inspect anytime without notice? also mounted my press to a piece of wood & c-clamped it to my table, it was a decent set up for apt. And bought a gangbox from home depot for the toys, very difficult to get into & still not a huge invitation for bg's. It was so heavy no way to get it without unloading first.