The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 21, 2022, 06:30 PM   #1
PolarFBear

Lee to Lyman "gadget"

Help an old man remember. I have a Lyman "Case Press Xpress" case prepper. Once, I found a Lee(?) adapter to use on the machine. With a "pandemic" layoff and bench reorganization I have lost the adapter. I have searched Lee - no luck. Any ideas.
Old November 21, 2022, 06:46 PM   #2
jpx2rk

https://leeprecision.com/threaded-cutter.html

This ???
Old November 21, 2022, 06:49 PM   #3
PolarFBear

Yes. Thank you SO very much. For just a "Ten" spot I can ease my burden. Can't believe I lost my first one. But age takes its toll.
Old November 25, 2022, 01:23 PM   #4
PolarFBear

An update. Yes, I FOUND my "gadget" just after I ordered a replacement! It was on my Lyman Xpress! I found it attached to the base and unscrewed it, the little threaded shaft had become affixed to the Xpress. I thought it was part of the Xpress. Got out the "jaws of death" (pliers) and gently unscrewed it from the base. The screw has a hex inset. Reattached the cutter head to the threaded shaft and gave it a good tighten. Found and fixed. Needed to trim some .223s and discovered my Lee shaft was slightly bent and presented a slight wobble. Now off to get another Lee .223 trim shaft.