The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 9, 2011, 09:40 PM   #1
skydiver3346

Reloading DVD?

Just got through watching the Sierra Rifle Reloading DVD by
G. David Tubb. I am new to reloading and wanted to buy a DVD first and check it out. Although is was a excellent video, it was way too complicated and "busy" for me as I am just getting started. Is there a particular video that folks (new to reloading) can watch to help get them started, (that is easier to understand/learn from? Appreciate your suggestions.
Note: Am buying a RCBS Master Supreme reloading kit if that makes a difference.
Old January 10, 2011, 12:36 AM   #2
JJT10

I'm new also. What I did was watch alot of you tube videos, just type reloading, a ton will come up. I also did alot of other research also. Then I looked into the different presses to find something good that I liked, I went with the Lock n Load Classic from Hornady, it looked like a very solid press as most of them do but the extras in the kit looked to be better quality also. Plus if I ordered before the end of last year 2010 I got 500 bullets for buying the press and 100 for buying their dies. Next I took my time building a good solid reloading bench before the press showed up. When I did get it I took my time reading all the manuals, reloading book, and talked with people at the local range. I got the single stage for now so, as a beginner I can closely watch and learn by going through each step. Now I'm off and running or should I say loading. Good luck, have fun and be safe.
Old January 10, 2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Mustangpalmer91

Youtube videos, ABCs of Reloading book, just about any reloading manual. Read read read watch watch watch that is all I did for about 2 months before I ever bought anything. Then I had a friend who as be reloading for years sit with me and show me several time and work with me before I even tired it myself. I have been reloading for about 6 months now and I still watch every video I find and read and reread book.
Old January 10, 2011, 01:08 AM   #4
chris in va

Try and locate someone that can show you the basics of reloading. I'm sure there is someone on the board more than willing to do so.
Old January 10, 2011, 06:25 PM   #5
the_right_reverend

I started reloading way before you tube and I still learn from them.

ABC of Reloading a couple manuals Hornady and the Lyman for me

and a good mentor
Old January 12, 2011, 12:16 AM   #6
jcvibby

RCBS makes a nice one. Above mentioned youtube is valuable as well.
Old January 12, 2011, 07:30 AM   #7
alloy

Sinclair has a 7 or 8 part You Tube video series.

Part 1 Introduction To Reloading
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Vtj...x=0&playnext=1
Old January 12, 2011, 08:01 AM   #8
Xfire68

The first reloading video I ever watched was Competition Reloading with Brain Enos. I found it to have enough info and tips for some beginners and some info for the more advanced loaders.

I don't remember how old it is but, I am guessing 15+ years? Come to think of it! It was on VHS back when I was in the Air Force in the early 1990's! LOL
Old January 12, 2011, 09:41 PM   #9
skydiver3346

Reloading videos

Thanks for the good info guys.