The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 21, 1999, 07:18 AM   #1
Badger

Has anyone used the Volquartsen "drop in" trigger and sear kit for the Ruger MkII. Can you get a crisp 2.5 pound trigger pull with this kit?
Old October 21, 1999, 09:14 AM   #2
JoeHatley

Badger,

I installed one of Tom's accurizing kits in a 22/45 about 5 years ago.

Parts drop right in. I don't have a trigger scale so I can't give you actual numbers, but the pull weight was cut about in half and the letoff is crisp. Over travel scew does it's job also.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA
Old October 22, 1999, 04:53 AM   #3
Woody

Badger
I bought a Ruger MKII Target abut a year ago. I bought it because it had an overtravel adjustment built in and I figured that it would have a fairly descent trigger pull, after all it was the competition model. Man was I mistaken. To adjust the overtravell you had to disassemble the whole trigger assembly and the trigger pull sucked. I put it away for about 6 months and forgot about it. Then while looking through Brownells one day I saw the Volquartsen accurizer kit, I ordered one immediatly. I used all the pieces except the main spring, God what a differance about 10 minutes of work did. Fairly light pull, very crisp break. I would recommend it to anyone who has a a MKII.

I also replaced the trigger group in my 10/22
with one of Volquartsens whole trigger group replacements, and that was worth it also.

Good Luck, Woody
Old October 22, 1999, 11:43 AM   #4
ATTICUS

Does the Volquartsen trigger come with complete instructions and how difficult is it to install (for the mechanically challenged :0)?.
Old October 22, 1999, 05:27 PM   #5
plateshooter

The kit comes with good instructions,just add patience. It does make quite a difference in the trigger. The trigger is still somewhat unpredictable for me. Overall, I felt my money was well spent for the kit.
Old November 1, 1999, 12:02 AM   #6
H&K Fan

I had the pleasure of firing a Mark II with the trigger and target grips installed last year. It was extremely accurate and very pleasant to shoot. Unfortunately the gentleman who owned it had bought it set up that way and did not know whether it was difficult to install or not.

YMMV