The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 20, 2008, 12:03 AM   #1
flyboy14

leupold

Anyone out there that has dealt with leupold cutomer service? Need to send my vx-lll in, and worried about how long it will take to get it back. There is something floating around on the inside of the lens, and I have been having trouble with it holding zero. It sits on top of my 30-06, and only around 100 rounds fired under it. Bought the scope new about six months ago, and am dissapointed, but I also understand that things do have a way of slipping through the cracks when it comes to q.c. Just wanted some feedback on experiences anyone else has had. Thanks flyboy
Old September 21, 2008, 04:37 PM   #2
MikeD99

I have been pleased with their CS. I have sent an expensive ($900.00) scope back to them twice over the last 15 years and it was R&R'd nicely both times and sent back to me at no charge. I can't remember exactly how long it took but it wasn't an extraordinarily long.

Mike D.
Old September 21, 2008, 08:41 PM   #3
flyboy14

thanks for the input, will send it in monday and cross my fingers that it comes back before season ends. I have plenty of others, but am looking forward to trying this one. flyboy
Old October 1, 2008, 08:34 PM   #4
flyboy14

sent it in on friday, leupold told me three weeks average turnaround. See what happens.
Old October 2, 2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Doyle

I bought a used VX-II from another forum. It's adjustments turned out to be broken. I sent it off to Leupold and it came back repaired in right at 3 weeks. I'll be sighting it in tomorrow.
Old October 13, 2008, 08:55 PM   #6
flyboy14

Got it back tonight, about two and a half weeks. They repaired the windage adjustment, and cleaned the inside of the front reticle. Mounted it back on the gun, and will try it out this week. I am hopeful that this was my problem, and I won't wind up having to work the gun. So far very happy with the service, we will see how it works.
Old October 17, 2008, 07:11 PM   #7
flyboy14

got a chance to shoot the rifle today. Worked perfectly. Fired 30 rounds, the rifle grouped well, and the adjustments were precise. first group 5 inches low and 3 to the left at 100 yards. Made the changes, and it was dead on, just to test I moved the scope 3 more times to see how it would function and it walked the point of impact around flawlessly. Although I was upset to have to send the scope in for repair, I can say that the service I recieved was excellent.