The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 22, 2024, 05:19 PM   #1
Chuckoner

Ginex Primers???

Seeing as Ginex Primers seem to be the cheapest option out there, Does anyone have any complaints?

Will using them have a serious impact on the loads?

Just curious, finally found some Winchester and CCI primers have them onthe way, But I do have a large stock of Ginex and wondering if any of you have any bad experiences with them

Thanks Fellas.
Old March 22, 2024, 05:50 PM   #2
totaldla

I would buy them if they were cheaper than CCI & Winchester. But around here they're priced the same and availability hasn't been an issue.
I know that wasn't very helpful, but I've used a lot of foreign primers the last 3 years, just not Ginex.
Old March 22, 2024, 05:50 PM   #3
stagpanther

I've been "surviving" on the genix primers ever since the great drought started about 6 years ago. They are more or less the equivalent of NATO 7.62 x 51 primers (they also do 5.56) in my experience--good brisance/ignition qualities but a bit tight occasionally in some brass/calibers primer cups. Watch out for primer seatings that extend past the rim face when there is a tight fit. You might also experience occasional issues with light firing pin strikes failing to set them off. All that said--about 75% of my shooting would have stopped long ago if they were not available.
Old March 22, 2024, 05:50 PM   #4
Marco Califo

I bought Genix LPP's. They go bang. No complaints. They are made in Bosnia-Hertzogovina (former Yugoslavia). That area has a rich history of starting world-warfare, ethnic cleansing. Those things require mature industry for weaponry and ammunition manufacturing.
Old March 22, 2024, 05:53 PM   #5
Marco Califo

I bought Genix LPP's. They go bang. No complaints.
I bought them because at one time, they were the only LPP available.
They are made in Bosnia-Hertzogovina (former Yugoslavia). That area has a rich history of starting world-warfare, ethnic cleansing. Those things require mature industry for weaponry and ammunition manufacturing.

Last edited by Marco Califo; March 22, 2024 at 08:44 PM.
Old March 23, 2024, 08:25 AM   #6
jetinteriorguy

I’ve been using the Ginex SPP’s and they perform fine. I’ve only tried them in my 9mm’s so far. They can fit a bit tight sometimes causing a dent in them when seating. I discovered this was with cases that didn’t have any kind of chamfer on the primer cup, and I’m not referring to cases that had crimped primers. Now I just sort cases to exclude these and when I accumulate enough of them I’ll just chamfer them with my Lyman tool made for removing crimps since it also leaves a slight chamfer.
Old March 23, 2024, 01:52 PM   #7
Schanen51

I too have picked up some Ginex primers. Large rifle seems to be the only thing I've had trouble finding, so I picked up 5k of them. I'll report back once the load testing is complete. Should be here by next week. From reading other posts, the general consensus is that they're just as accurate as American brands, but the primer itself is slightly larger, thus it can be a tight fit in the primer pocket.
Old April 11, 2024, 02:33 PM   #8
Average Joe

Just finished my case of 5k, every one went bang... no issues at all.