The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 28, 2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Hardcase

Idaho Leather Company

Other than living a few miles down the road from these folks (and owning one of their really nice belts in a fairly rotund size), I have absolutely nothing to do with them. But I saw this little photo gallery on the web site of our local paper, so I thought that I'd share it.

If you can find it, Ben Wetzel has a really interesting little shop!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...r-company.html
Old July 28, 2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Pbearperry

Looks like he puts out a very nice product.
Old July 28, 2010, 05:40 PM   #3
svenrh

I had Ben make a holster belt for me several years ago, and wear it every day, to church, the office and the woods. It looks great and would pull a train off its rails if it had to. Boise has some nice leather makers there, with Milt Sparks and Idaho Leather a few miles apart.
Old July 28, 2010, 08:05 PM   #4
bedbugbilly

Very interesting and a great set of photos! This gentleman obviously is very skilled and his products are top notch! Thanks for sharing!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old July 28, 2010, 08:44 PM   #5
Dave Cole

Alot more machine made than hand made but that's what's needed for production work.Still looks like a very nice rig.Dave