That's a Cei-Rigotti.
Old November 1, 2016, 05:47 PM   #252
Ozzieman

mapsjanhere good one
Cei-Rigotti light automatic rifle
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/cei-rigotti/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_rifle
Cei-Rigotti[edit]
The world's first automatic rifle was the Italian Cei-Rigotti. Introduced in 1900, these 6.5mm Carcano or 7.65×53mm gas-operated, selective-fire, carbines attracted considerable attention at the time.[1][2] They used 10-, 20- and 50-round detachable box magazines.[2] Unfortunately, they had several failings, including frequent jams and erratic shooting.[2] In the end, no Army took an interest in the design and the rifle was abandoned before it could be further developed.[2]

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old November 1, 2016, 05:51 PM   #253
Ozzieman

Another assault rifle for your annulment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37.jpg (37.0 KB, 84 views)

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old November 2, 2016, 05:34 AM   #254
Mike Irwin
Staff

Danish Webel light machine gun.

We had one in collections at the Pennsylvania State Museum and Historical Commission when I worked there in the 1980s.

It was part of the weapons seized by the 28th Infantry Division in World War II and subsequently donated to the state museum system.

Not 100% sure, but I think George Chinn might have also written briefly on the Webel.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old November 2, 2016, 06:39 PM   #255
Ozzieman

Well Mike not many of us have a museum in our back pocket even if years ago but good one.

37 Weibel M1932 assault rifle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weibel_M/1932
http://www.historicalfirearms.info/p...h-arms-company
The Weibel M/1932 was a light machine gun concept of Danish origin and was considered to supplement the Madsen gun in Danish service. It was fed from a 20-round box magazine chambered in the intermediate 7x44mm round. This calibre was considered underpowered for its day but shares the same ballistics as later calibres such as the 7.92×33mm Kurz, 7.62×45mm vz. 52 and 7.62×39mm M43 used in assault rifles. The Weibel was an advanced weapon at the time of its invention.

Old November 2, 2016, 06:42 PM   #256
Ozzieman

Next for your anger managment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32.jpg (20.6 KB, 82 views)

Old November 2, 2016, 07:49 PM   #257
Mike Irwin
Staff

Wow. Normally I have an inkling, but that one? Not a clue.

The butt stock reminder ds me of an Owen, but nothing else...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old November 2, 2016, 08:32 PM   #258
Ozzieman

Ponda Baba

A hint

Old November 2, 2016, 10:13 PM   #259
Ulrice

Nice Starwars reference. The smg is the Rexim Favor
Old November 3, 2016, 08:26 AM   #260
Mike Irwin
Staff

Rexim Favor?

Never freaking heard of it, nor have I ever seen one.

Wow.

Old November 3, 2016, 06:18 PM   #261
Ozzieman

Well I got you once then Mike
The attached photo is the gun as it was in Star wars

32 Swiss Rexim Favor Submachine Gun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rexim-Favor
The Rexim-Favor submachine gun is a Swiss submachine gun developed by the Rexim Small Arms Company of Geneva in 1953. Originally known as the 'Favor', it received very little sales or use, but has become of note today for being the base of props used in the science fiction films Star Wars and Alien.
History[edit]
Some say Rexim stole this design from the French. Whatever is true, the Rexim-Favor is a design that got very little interest, sales, or use, and then the company failed in 1957. The design was sold to the Spanish, of whom it is believed to have made the original contract for the design. The Spanish tried to sell it under the name of the La Corunda, with no takers. The only known service use was by the Turkish, who called it the M-68, and still use it to this day in small numbers.
Design details[edit]
Despite its low sales, the gun was well made, chiefly of pressings. It had a quick-release barrel, and the magazine is identical to the German MP 40.
The chief interest of the Favor was that it fired from a closed bolt—that is, the round was fed into the chamber by the action of the cocking handle and remained there until pressure on the trigger allowed the firing pin to go forward. Motive power was provided by two coiled springs, one working inside the other with an intermediate hollow hammer, and looking exactly like an old-fashioned three-draw telescope. When the trigger was pressed the depression of the sear released the hammer which went forward under the force of the large outer spring, struck the firing pin, and fired the round. Normal blowback then followed until the cycle continued.
The basic problem with the Rexim-Favor is that it was an old design, very heavy and clumsy, being more of a carbine than a submachinegun. It was also thought that the firing mechanisms were too complicated for a submachine gun, where simplicity is an important factor. The Rexim-Favor can mount a bayonet and use NATO rifle grenades, but at a weight significantly greater than even most assault rifles, few wanted it.[1
Film use[edit]
The Rexim-Favor was used as a prop in George Lucas' 1977 film Star Wars, produced by 20th Century Fox and filmed in Elstree Studios in Great Britain. The barrel, stock, and magazine were removed and a low-powered scope was added, and it was first used as a pistol in several preproduction photos of an Imperial Stormtrooper. Similar versions of the prop later made their way into the film itself, being wielded by Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba in the Cantina scene.
Two years later in 1979, the movie Alien (also produced by Fox) was being filmed in Britain. The Rexim-Favor was also used as the pistol carried by Kane, Dallas and Lambert when in their space suits, and may even be a recycled version of one of the props from Star Wars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32 Swiss Rexim Favor Submachine Gun movie prop.jpg (62.5 KB, 37 views)

Old November 3, 2016, 06:20 PM   #262
Ozzieman

Sorry for the poor quality photo but its the only one I could find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50.jpg (48.1 KB, 79 views)

Old November 3, 2016, 07:54 PM   #263
Mike Irwin
Staff

Well no wonder the Rexim didn't sell. It was so inaccurate that the stormtroopers couldn't hit squat with it!

Old November 4, 2016, 05:37 AM   #264
Mike Irwin
Staff

Hum...

The receiver looks too massive for a submachine gun, so I'm going to say a post war Belgian/FN assault-rifle prototype.

My guess is that it was paired with the cartridge development work FN was doing around the same time... IIRC one they came up with in the 1950s was something like a 7mm or 7.62mm x 40...

Thinking more about it... The French were the ones who were really active in cartridge development at this time...

I wonder if it could be a French assault rifle prototype?

Old November 4, 2016, 06:57 AM   #265
mete

There was a fascinating tv program about a Danish toy company that made smgs right under the noses of the Nazis ! Toys in those days were made of steel stampings and the best smgs used those design features.

For those who think the French were behind the others in weapons design do some research .They were great designers during WWI.
Old November 4, 2016, 08:18 AM   #266
Mike Irwin
Staff

The Danes, Norwegians, and others manufactured Sten guns. They were cheap, easy, didn't require a lot of critical parts, and often could be made on hand-powered presses.

On a show some years ago talking about European resistance movements there was film of a team of three men working a hand powered stamping press. Supposedly they were making trigger group housings for Stens.

Regarding the French, they had a hugely active small arms and ammunition development program right through into the 1960s.

Jean Huon's book on military rifle and machine gun cartridges (a MUST for any cartridge collector or historian) shows many of the developmental cartridges that the French experimented with, including cartridges prior to World War I that would be considered advanced assault rifle-type cartridges even today.

Old November 4, 2016, 04:50 PM   #267
Ozzieman

Quote:
They were great designers during WWI.

I would say that the French had good designs during WW1 but a sling shot for throwing grenades, Or the Chauchat, that is about as far as a good design as you can get.

50 EPK Pyrkal Machine Gun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPK_(Pyrkal)_Machine_gun
The EPK Machine Gun was designed by EPK, a Greek defense company (in English, "Greek Powder and Cartridge Company", GPCC) later known as Pyrkal.
EPK (Pyrkal) Machine gun
Description[edit]
The gun's creation is connected to EPK's ambitions to become a major producer of infantry weapons.Following a proposal to the Greek government in 1937 the development of a modern machine gun of EPK-own design began, as well as construction of a small number of prototypes in 1939. The whole project, including building of infrastructure for massive production of the gun was underway when war with Italy broke out on October 28, 1940, subsequent events prohibited its completion. A total of no more than (probably) 10-15 were built, their fate (except for one given as a present to a member of the Greek Royal Family) remains unknown. Later publications suggested that this 7.92 mm weapon exhibited characteristics at the time closer to those of a submachine gun; others, though, including Pyrkal itself, have argued that the weapon was a very advanced design for its time, featuring pioneering elements of a whole class of future assault rifle. Its construction was close to the Thompson submachine gun with ergonomics and weight compatible with the present day Ultimax 100 light machine gun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrkal
Founded in 1874, Pyrkal is one of the oldest Defence Industries (in the modern sense) in Greece and the main producer of ammunition and explosives in the country. Throughout its history it has been one of the largest Greek companies, in fact a reflection of the history of Greek Industry itself. Moreover, since its foundation it has been a crucial supplier during all the military conflicts this nation faced, and historically a well-established exporter to five continents.
Establishment and development[edit]
The company "Elliniko Pyritidopoieio A.E." (Greek Powder, Chemical and Industrial products) was founded in 1874 and "Maltsiniotis Brothers" (Cartridges and metal products) in 1887. The merger of the two companies in 1908 was done to overcome an odd competition between the two for ammunition orders by the Greek state. Thus, a new company was formed, named "Etairia (Ellinikou) Pyritidopoieiou kai Kalykopoieiou" with the initials EEPK or EPK (ΕΠΚ) - the acronym Pyrkal used later; internationally it has been known as "Greek Powder and Cartridge Company" (GPCC) in English, and "Poudrerie et Cartoucherie Hellenique" (PCH) in French. In addition to ammunition and explosives, the company has been engaged in a variety of additional activities including arms manufacture (which included own development of the advanced EPK machine gun type immediately before Greece's entrance to WWII), construction of machinery (including Diesel engines), vehicle bodies, tools, factory infrastructure, boilers, aircraft (as it undertook constructions for the AEKKEA-RAAB company) etc.

Old November 4, 2016, 05:05 PM   #268
Ozzieman

Here is one that has me stumped.
I found this photo but cant find who, what or when on this gun was built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I have no idea.jpg (35.5 KB, 72 views)

Old November 4, 2016, 05:11 PM   #269
Ozzieman

For your next easy one. But you have to say what country built it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 142.jpg (95.1 KB, 76 views)

Old November 4, 2016, 06:37 PM   #270
Mike Irwin
Staff

German WWI push armor for a soldier to advance through no man's land.

Old November 4, 2016, 08:02 PM   #271
Ozzieman

Nope, French but it must be as stupid as it looks. Something that weighs a couple of hundred pounds in the muck and bomb craters of that war. It could probably hit 4 or 5 miles per week.
142 French mobile infantry shield 1915
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_personnel_shield
A mobile personnel shield is a type of bulletproof shield equipped with wheels, which was especially tried during World War I, as a way to attempt solving the issues of trench warfare.
The immobility of the trench warfare characterizing the First World War led to a need for a device that would protect soldiers from enemy fire and could help them move on the extremely irregular terrain of battlefields. The French colonel Jean Baptiste Eugène Estienne considered armed cross-country vehicles such as the future tank as early as August 1914,[1] but also imagined mobile personnel shield to assist individual soldiers.[2]
Apart from a few exceptional cases, these mobile personnel shields proved too cumbersome and heavy for the strength of an individual under fire, and would only work on short distances and on favourable ground.[2]

Old November 4, 2016, 08:04 PM   #272
Ozzieman

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 143.jpg (168.0 KB, 67 views)

Old November 4, 2016, 08:18 PM   #273
sgms

I believe that is a Villar Perosa model 1915 from italy
Old November 4, 2016, 09:13 PM   #274
Buzzcook

At first I thought it was French because of the open magazine. Turns out it's an early WWII Swiss gun.

http://machinesforwar.blogspot.com/2...by-rudolf.html

Quote:
The Lmg-Pist 41 (Leichtes Maschinengewehr Pistole - light machine gun- pistol) submachine gun was developed by Rudolf Furrer at Swiss state-owned Waffenfabrik Bern (W+F) arms factory. It was produced for army trials and hastily adopted in 1941 over four other contestants, with the main reasons for adoption being, most probably, the similarity of the design to the already adopted and proven 7.5mm Lmg 25 light machine gun of the same designer and the importance and influence of the designer Col. Furrer, who at the time was superintendent of the W+F factory. The Lmg-Pist 41 submachine gun was so complicated and expensive to make that only few were made before 1944,
Old November 5, 2016, 08:43 AM   #275
Ozzieman

Thank you Buzz,,,,, that one was driving me nuts