The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old February 4, 2005, 02:31 AM   #1
bergwerk

Immigrant Presidents?

How do you feel about the ongoing efforts to change the Constitution in order to allow immigrants to be presidents of the USA?

The proposal was introduced in the House by a Republican Representative and it is gaining momentum.

What say you?
Old February 4, 2005, 04:50 AM   #2
PsychoSword

Just another chip away at our sovereignty. That's partially why the establishment loves Arnold so much.
Old February 4, 2005, 05:04 AM   #3

No, no, no, no....we cannot let this happen. We all know this is so Arnold Kennedy-Swarzeneger can run for president. Don’t forget that Hitler wasn’t really German, he was Austrian. Do you think he had Germany’s best interest in mind when he tried to conquer all of Europe? I’m not saying Swarzeneger would be another Hitler just because he also happens to come from Austria. I am saying that our forefathers wrote the Constitution to protect the people of this country from their own government and the farther we get away from what our forefathers envisioned for us the worse off this country gets.
Old February 4, 2005, 06:30 AM   #4
LAK

Uh boy. Arnold again.

What PsychoSword said.
Old February 4, 2005, 06:39 AM   #5
JMC

Quote:
Immigrant Presidents?

No.
Old February 4, 2005, 07:27 AM   #6
PsychoSword

Also helps the New World Order crowd immensely to have Arnold in a state like Kali. There's no way they would ever allow him to push for a crack down on illegals in that state or get rid of any benefits because of his own status. Not that he would anyways, he's a team player. And he's perfectly excused by the clueless neo-cons for doing nothing because they don't want to give any ammo to the so called left..

The Arnold coup and cult of personality was all by design if you ask me.
Old February 4, 2005, 10:27 AM   #7
shaggy

(yawn...)

Just political saber rattling. It'll never happen.
Old February 4, 2005, 10:41 AM   #8
bergwerk

One would have thought the Democrats and various liberals at large behind this effort but no, it is the conservative Republicans that are promoting it.

Are we being told that 250 million natural born Americans can't yield a single person capable of running this country so that we have to import foreigners to do it for us?

As for Ahhnold he's showing Californians how apt a leader he is by putting their State under so much debt that they'll never recover.

I say close the borders, deport all illegals, stop imports from US companies gone manufacturing offshore, impose a 1:1 reciprocal ratio for imports:exports with any given country and make any political lobying/contributions/donations illegal.

Yes, I'm tired of puting Chinese to work and giving them benefits while American Citizens are being fired by US corporations following the money in offshore heavens and being subsidized by our government while doing so.
Old February 4, 2005, 11:24 AM   #9
wingman

You mean Vicente Fox cannot run next term, it just isnt right.
Old February 4, 2005, 11:33 AM   #10
gburner

Mark your calendars...I'm with psycho and LAK on this one.
Old February 4, 2005, 11:38 AM   #11
redhawk41

can't happen here, this is america

oh, wait a minute ...
Old February 4, 2005, 01:18 PM   #12
dasmi

Absolutely not. And especially not for that clown Arnold.
Old February 4, 2005, 01:48 PM   #13
longeyes

We're outsourcing everything else, why not the President?
"Ah...what trouble?" ~Jeremiah Johnson
Old February 4, 2005, 04:55 PM   #14
bountyh

Quote:
How do you feel about the ongoing efforts to change the Constitution in order to allow immigrants to be presidents of the USA?

The proposal was introduced in the House by a Republican Representative and it is gaining momentum.

What say you?
I say:

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!"
Old February 4, 2005, 05:49 PM   #15
jefnvk

Nope.

Say we elect a Russian president. 2 years later, Russia goes back to communism, starting WWIII against America if we refuse to submit to them. How is the President going to act?
Old February 4, 2005, 06:09 PM   #16
PsychoSword

Russia is a corrupt authoritarian hellhole. And regardless of what the mainstream media says, they are not our friends.
Old February 4, 2005, 06:12 PM   #17
dasmi

Crap. I agree with you again. PsychoSword, you and I really should talk politics sometime.
Old February 4, 2005, 09:08 PM   #18
bergwerk

Hello Shaggy.

Calling a proposed ammendment to the Constitution "political sabre rattling" is like calling the new Russia a democracy.

Talk to the good folks in the Weimar Republik who said that Hitler was too radical to worry about, they shared your apathy and yawned their way to Dachau and Auschwitz.

I see our country being hijacked by the political donor class and our democracy is being turned into a corpocracy.

The corporate string pullers became great fans of the Austrian demagogue once they identified how well he captivates the great unwashed masses. California was their staging ground, Washington is to follow.
Old February 4, 2005, 09:13 PM   #19
Ozzieman

Only way they can get another Kennedy in the white house

Just gonna have to be some forniers B----
The day Arnold becomes president I am moving to russia
Old February 4, 2005, 10:26 PM   #20
Fred Hansen

Not on my watch.
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old February 5, 2005, 01:09 AM   #21
jefnvk

OK, put England, France, Germany, Israel, or Iran in for all I care. Russia was simply the first country that popped into my mind. The point was, we have a foreign leader, and a world conflict breaks out involving their home country. Where does their loyalty stand?

That's not even mentioning how would they know what is best for Americans. Put a German in the White House, and who is to say we won't all be required to take months of vacation? Or that Oktoberfest doesn't become a national holiday?
Old February 5, 2005, 05:18 AM   #22
Hal

Quote:
Mark your calendars...I'm with psycho and LAK on this one.
Ditto -

Group hug anyone
Old February 5, 2005, 06:20 AM   #23

"Or that Oktoberfest doesn't become a national holiday?"

Our Constitution vs. a national holiday where beautiful big breasted corseted women serve you beer in liter mugs until you pass out. After passing out they carry you to a grassy hill where beautiful medical professionals watch over you until you are ready to start over again.

I may have to rethink my position on this one?
Old February 5, 2005, 09:13 AM   #24
Steve499

Anyone in favor of a foreign born President needs to do some rapid breathing to oxygenate their brain better. One doesn't have to be a mental giant to figure out why the framers were against it.
Old February 5, 2005, 10:40 AM   #25
MeekAndMild

Like I said in the other thread, once a nation figures out how to vote kickback money to itself its government (and nation) is soon to be lost. Ahhnold is a symtom, not a disease.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.