The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 22, 2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Doubletaptap

Chip Mccormick AR 15 Triggers,GONE!!!

I found out today that CMC has suspended operations of making AR15 replacement triggers!! Just when I want to buy one of course.
This is listed as indefinitely on his site. And all the sites I visited to find one are out of stock. However some are still taking orders so beware!
I wonder why they're not making any more?

George
Old July 24, 2006, 07:58 PM   #2
hodaka

My guess is that they were nearly as expensive as a Jewell and about 1/4th as good. More expensive than a RR. Plus they were not adjustable.
Old July 25, 2006, 10:07 PM   #3
Glennster

I put a Jard 1 1/2 pound adjustable trigger in my AR and I love it!!!

Midway's got them for $133

They're not cheap, but they are SWEET ! ! !
Old July 26, 2006, 07:42 PM   #4
Quintin

Bill Geiselle makes a really nice trigger for the AR15. If the AMU approves of them, that sounds like a good endorsement to me. John Holliger and Creedmore sells 'em, and they ain't cheap, but if you want the very best AR trigger out there, the Geiselle is it.
Old July 26, 2006, 09:07 PM   #5
Jim Watson

Hanged if I know, the two CMCs in use by people of my acquaintance are pretty good, and no tinkering to install.

I have a Jard in my AR and it gives a nice trigger pull, but it was a lot of trouble to install; to the point I am glad I took it to FLG instead of trying to DIY.
Old July 27, 2006, 06:56 AM   #6
HSMITH

Call Chip and ask him. He really is a nice and helpful guy.
Old July 27, 2006, 08:09 AM   #7
CDH

I've installed Frank White's RR triggers in both of my Bushmaster AR-15's and they feel great.

It's easy to see from these posts that there are several really good triggers available so I wouldn't lament the loss of those supplied by the CMC.

Carter
Old July 28, 2006, 09:49 PM   #8
Unclenick
Staff

I second the Compass Lake (Frank and Theresa White) product. They built my National Match Course gun. I've had two of the gents weighing triggers at Camp Perry tell me it is the only trigger that consistently fools their fingers into anticipating it will fail to lift the trigger weights, but then picks them up anyway. In other words, it fools the trigger finger (they dry fire once before trying the weights) into thinking the pull weight is less than it actually is. It does this by allowing the ratio of the total trigger weight picked up in the first and second stages to be adjusted. If you get 2/3 to 3/4 of the total trigger weight in the first stage, the logarithmic sensitivity of your nerve endings makes the second stage feel it has barely required additional pressure to break the shot.

The price is reasonable and full instructions are on line at their web site. They will be up at Camp Perry now and through the rifle phase.

Nick
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle