The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 7, 2015, 08:49 AM   #1
cowboys1062

Cheapest place to buy .490 lead balls?

I am definately looking for the cheapest place to buy .490 lead balls for my 50 cal. I don't care if their hand cast or factory. Money is an issue due to me being a disabled vet and my wife is our only source of income. I read either here or on another forum about a man by the name of Fletcher Boyd who supposedly sells them at a very reasonable price. Problem is that I can't find his contact information anywhere. I even Googled his name to see if he has a business somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't come up with anything. Does anyone know of him or know of a good place to find cheap .490 lead balls? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully, cowboys1062.
Old June 7, 2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Wolf and Raven

I can't say that these are the cheapest, but they are far from expensive. Take look at seller "blkpwdrsls" on gunbroker. I orders some balls and bullets from him a while ago and I was 100% satisfied.

everything was well very packaged as well, I think he had some complaints with his packaging when he started out but now has that all figured out.

2 other guys I've ordered from in the past are no longer in business, I think that is pretty typical as there can't be much money in casting lead for bargain prices.