The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 29, 2013, 03:53 PM   #1
los

ALPHA HIDEbriD Shadow- The OWB to IWB Holster Converter

Hello, Folks.

I wanted to post a few photos of my ALPHA HIDEbriD Shadow. The Shadow is a OWB to IWB Holster Converter. I make them out of Kydex, form it for curvature and then cover the back side of the body shield/panel with a soft synthetic felt fabric, which aids in extended carry comfort. It's design is ambidextrous and will pretty much convert any OWB slotted/looped holster manufactured for any handgun, to IWB concealed carry. It can be easily installed/removed from the host holster in about 5 seconds.

The belt clips are made to fit up to 1.75" belts and are designed to securely attach to the Shadow by using a heavy duty Loop & Hook system. This method gives the user the ability to make quick and precise height/cant adjustments. No tools are needed for adjusting. No screws, washers or grommets to mess with.

Here it is installed on my my [OWB] Glock Combat Holster. The function and comfort level equals that of some of the nicest leather IWB rigs I've owned and worn in the past. The cool thing is that one (1) ALPHA HIDEbriD Shadow will probably convert most of the OWB holsters that you own to IWB carry, regardless of the type of handgun and caliber for which the host holster is made for.

A few months ago I started making these for my local buddies and after it gained a little interest I made and sold a few more to their friends. So far the feedback has been very positive.

Anyway, let me know what you think. All opinions and commentary will be appreciated.

Last edited by los; December 29, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old December 29, 2013, 04:58 PM   #2
AK103K

Pretty clever! Looks like a well thought out and workable idea. Patent that baby!
Old December 30, 2013, 11:56 PM   #3
los

A quick update and report on the GHOST.

I've been carrying my Glock 30/ Glock Combat Holster combo for three days with the GHOST IWB Converter. It's just as comfortable as the Shadow, which is surprising because it's so much smaller than the Shadow. I think the transparent GHOST belt clips came out pretty good. They're working great.

Last edited by los; December 31, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old December 31, 2013, 03:11 PM   #4
los

For questions or additional information regarding the Shadow or Ghost converter, please contact me via email at: [email protected]

Thanks.

-jimmy

Last edited by los; January 2, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old January 4, 2014, 12:47 PM   #5
los

My newest HIDEbriD. The GHOST SG has an integrated Slide Guard and is designed for OWB holsters that have a forward cant [up to 15 degrees].