The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 12, 2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Para Bellum

hit 9 times, twice in the head and apparently having no problem (Rapper 50 Cent)

That's what you can read about the rapper "50 Cent" on www.imdb.com:

Quote:
50 was shot nine times that night, two shots hitting him in the head, the bullet that struck his face he carries as a reminder of what happened.
50 is still alive and seems fine and not affectec at all. Does anyone have more information on that shooting like where he was hit and what with? Being all fine after nine hits, two of which in the head is quite remarkable, isn't it?
Old March 12, 2006, 08:30 AM   #2
PSE

whats a 50 cent?
Old March 12, 2006, 09:47 AM   #3
springmom

just goes to show...

...if there's nothing between the ears, then what isn't there can't be damaged.

50 cent is rapper. I LOATHE his "music". Thank God that Middle Son now has his own apartment and car and I don't have to listen to it. Youngest Son likes alternative rock.

It does, however, remind us that handguns are not the "shoot twice and they automatically drop dead" of movies and TV.

Springmom
Old March 12, 2006, 10:01 AM   #4
12-34hom

50 cent.

Have you ever listened to what he spews out and calls music?

Do so and tell me he has not been affected adversely by being shot.

Word to your mother...:barf:

12-34hom.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life. I must master itas i master my life.Without me my rifle is useless, without my rifle i am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I Will. Before God i swear this creed. My rifle and myself are defenders of my country. We are masters of our enemy. We are saviours of my life. So be it until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
Old March 12, 2006, 10:45 AM   #5
gordo b.

Dag nab it! I should have gave that shooter some Ranger XT!
Old March 12, 2006, 11:09 AM   #6
Hard Ball

What was he shot with?
Old March 12, 2006, 11:09 AM   #7
Twycross

I don't have a source at the moment, but IIRC, he was only hit 3 times out of the nine, and after the shooter left, 50 Cent and his buddy drove themselves to the hospital. There was a thread about this awhile back, I'll try and find it.
Old March 12, 2006, 12:09 PM   #8
meplat

Quote:
I only ask that you consider being sure that your shooting glasses come high enough to cover the tops of your eyebrows, things can happen that you might never think possible.
Jackson, Mississippi, circa 1990...guy in a bar starts harrassing a young lady. Two men convince him to leave her alone before the bouncers get involved. No violence...nice end to an otherwise bad day.

Almost.

The two good Samaritans leave the establishment, drive to an ATM to get some cash, not knowing the fellow whose fun they had disrupted was waiting in the parking lot for them. Followed both to a bank on Lakeland Drive in North Jackson, where the ATM is in a vestibule that requires you to leave your vehicle to make a withdrawal. GS no. 1 gets out, walks towards the ATM, bad hair day guy pulls up, gets out with Glock in hand intent on causing GS problems. GS no. 2, sitting in truck sees this, opens glove box, removes his OWN Glock, calls a warning to his friend, and is greeted by bad hair day guy pointing a pistol at him. No. 2 fires one round which strikes bad hair day guy's pistol, disabling it. (Bad hair day guy soon realizes that being in a gunfight with a disabled firearm is a BAD thing...as soon as four more rounds of nine mil follow COM.) Takes off towards his vehicle. No. 2, adrenaline rush full on, follows and continues to fire, all rounds striking BHDG in various and sundry places. BHDG makes it to his vehicle, and makes what appears to No. 2 to be a "reaching under the seat motion". No. 2 then fires yet another round through the windshield into BHDG. BHDG is STILL moving around in the vehicle. No. 2 walks around the back of the vehicle, and fires one last round through the back window, thus ending the confrontation. Round entered behind the right ear of BHDG, exited from the corner of his left eye. The ONLY thing that saved No. 2 from a loooong stint in prison was the fact that when the police arrived, they found a Mac within reach of BHDG's outstretched hand. Not sure of what type ammo was used, but I sure would like to know so I could avoid it. BHDG is STILL driving around Jackson (my brother used to work with him) after taking fourteen rounds, at least four COM and one a through and trough head shot.
Old March 12, 2006, 01:00 PM   #9
#18indycolts

who cares what kind of music he makes? this thread is about getting shot not about who likes rap.
Old March 12, 2006, 01:01 PM   #10
Ilovemyak47

meanwhile, weightlifting marine cops wearing class III vests can get shot in the arm with a .22 which manages to peirce all his vitals multiple times while bleeding out internally and die before an ambulance can arrive...Life's weird like that, just goes to show that when it's your time, it's your time.
Old March 12, 2006, 01:23 PM   #11
steelheart

"Rap artist" is an oxymoron

Moral of the story:
Bullets do funny things when they encounter the human body at high speed; they do not always do the same funny things - it can be a different funny thing every time.

For those unfamiliar with 50 cent, he is an inner city thug who contributes nothing to America, yet drives around in Rolls Royces as a result of stupid people buying his "music" which glorifies gang activity, "thugging", drug trafficking and use, violence and treating women like sperm bank recepticles (hey, I don't know him from Adam, this is just my guess - how am I doing? ).
Old March 12, 2006, 01:40 PM   #12
JJB2

it's open season on rappers?? why was i not told?? what's the limit??
i gotta go clean my .357.... is that enough gun to take this kind of game??
Old March 12, 2006, 01:46 PM   #13
XavierBreath

On May 24, 2000 50 Cent and an associate, 22-year-old Alton Brown, were sitting in a parked car in the Jamaica section of Queens, when an assailant pulled up beside them in and fired nine shots with a 9mm handgun. 50 Cent was wounded once in each leg and once in the jaw. Brown, wounded in the hand, drove himself and 50 Cent to a nearby hospital. This incident led to the widespread urban legend in the media and the pop music fanbase that 50 Cent had been "shot nine times." Technically he was shot at nine times, and hit three times.

Only hits count.
Old March 12, 2006, 02:21 PM   #14
Para Bellum

Quote:
Bullets do funny things when they encounter the human body at high speed
with all due respect, I wouldn't call that a "funny" subject. "Funky" maybe.

Legs and jaw? OK, that sounds pretty normal then.
Old March 12, 2006, 06:42 PM   #15
kwkoch

prime examples of why you should carry a .45 and with the new xd 45 you can have 27 rounds with the xtra mag. thats alot of fire power. 9mm is for plinking.
Old March 12, 2006, 07:32 PM   #16
Ilovemyak47

yeah, that new xd seems awefully tempting...specially with all the crap that comes with it all for about 500 (i believe)...I've been thinking about getting a .45 for a little while and I'm torn between a plastic one or a real 1911 (mmm...kimber). any 1911 aficianados here know whether it's worth it to get a doublestack 1911 or just stick with the tried and true 7 rounds. Are doublestacks inherently less reliable somehow? Can you get a doublestack gun with singlestack width?
Old March 12, 2006, 07:52 PM   #17
Mikeyboy

Quote:
hit 9 times, twice in the head and apparently having no problem
Ummmm Yea... Anyway so called "Gangsta Rap" has done more harm to the African American Community then the KKK. I bet the true story was that he took a bullet or two in a non-vital area, but getting shot 9 times w/ two in the head sells more Albums. Peace
Old March 12, 2006, 07:54 PM   #18
brickeyee

Peripheral hits often do little damage.
Old March 12, 2006, 07:58 PM   #19
Ilovemyak47

Shoulda shot him with a .22, that way a limb shot could be fatal
Old March 12, 2006, 08:07 PM   #20
Springfield XD40 Man

I agree 100% with steelheart....+10. I loathe "rap crap" and everything it stands for. Not surprising that Black males make up 7% of the population, but commit 50% of the homicides. I know this is off topic, but I had to say my 2 cents.

PS....I'm a 100% country-fied redneck, guns and gears.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:14 PM   #21
kwkoch

Quote:
I know this is off topic, but I had to say my 2 cents
so if you were to start rapping would we call you 2 cents or 48 cents.

ilovemyak47, i own a kimber 1911 and love it but i want to add the xd to my collection.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:18 PM   #22
Smoke Screen

Ssssssssssmmmooooookkkkeeee Ssssssscccrreeeeeeennnnnnn

No, he was shot nine times, and it was with a 9mm. Just for the record, I myself think he's talented. I don't agree with what he says, along with most "mainstream" rap. I wish he was more humble, but like I said before, its marketing and it sells.

Quote from the beatjunkies addresses those thugs, "Hey you dress cute so you can look good for a moment, hey take off that coat I'd hate to get blood on it, see you the type of rapper that looks better when he raps, with all that stuff on not without your shirts and slacks" All you talk about is whores galore, and stackin "G's" in large quantities and given' back to the community, Really? Don't want to hear about the philly blunt you smokin', that stress had you tokin', just kick some dope lyrics in my ear, I could care less about your gear and your 40 ounce of beer.

From hoes and clothes down to dough, from endo to endo to dough, back down to hoes and clothes, to smokin endo in a benzo, while sittin on Lorenzos, its all irrelevant if you ain't got flow, *if you ain't got flow

and thats my "2 cents". Real hip hop isn't about getting shot and all that other bullsh*z that all the mainstream talks about today. Its about rythm and talent. Period. They all have there fame, but die out like a flame. ------> See what I mean?

Peace
Old March 12, 2006, 08:27 PM   #23
OuTcAsT

Ahhh....It is a shame that this time Darwin did not prevail, No matter, at some point in the future the gene pool will be cleansed

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old March 12, 2006, 08:29 PM   #24
HangFire83

I love it...rap artist an oxymoron.

Just because you don't like something means it is crap eh? You listen to what you like and let others listen to what they like....live and let live. For example, I believe that any 9 year old can paint just as well as Pablo Picasso but I don't call his work crap. I know it's kinda apples and oranges and you'll say that his work doesn't kill people....newsflash......neither does music. It is parents that do not give two craps about there kids and let them think that the life depicted in fictional stories is real and ok. They would rather jump on a forum and bash their president and tell everyone how bad a$$ they are with a gun. The artists are just telling a story. Curtis (50 Cent) Jackson is just telling a story, he doesn't actually treat women like sperm receptacles or kill people over dope or money. If I am off topic, you started it. To get back on, yeah he took a couple hits. His jaw and mouth is messed up and you can hear that when he raps.

Oh, and ......"Go shorty, it's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday".......deal with it.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:34 PM   #25
aspen1964

..when you have no brain, heart, nor soul.. bullets seemingly have no effect...
Closed Thread