The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 15, 2019, 04:20 PM   #51
Jsnake711

I'm eyeing a pistol kit myself. Or at least a10.5" upper.
Old March 27, 2019, 07:21 AM   #52
kymasabe

Possibly my last PSA order for a while.

I like PSA products, I'm usually promoting their product when asked about it, and have over 40 completed orders from them in the last few years. Many complain of slow shipping and I've been fortunate enough to have not experienced that. Yet. Until today.
I placed an order 10 days ago for a barrel nut and delta ring assy and my order is still processing. I emailed them and said "what the hell? 10 days and still no status" and very soon afterwards got a very short email saying my order was cancelled and I'll receive a refund in 5-7 business days.
No apology, no explanation.
Old March 27, 2019, 07:40 AM   #53
zukiphile

Once before they moved their store, my order for an upper went six weeks or so without shipping, so I called several times with no option better than voicemail.

When I finally got through to a person, a girl with a lovely accent told me they were waiting for my FFL...for an AR upper. She accepted my explanation of how that works and I received the upper with most of the parts I ordered a couple of weeks later.

I don't think they are a bad bunch. Maybe they only hire relatives to work in shipping.
Old March 27, 2019, 08:23 AM   #54
kymasabe

And yet, when I order from Primary Arms, AR15Discounts, or JoeBobsOutfitters, shipping is almost always next day. RightToBear is pretty fast. TomsTactical takes a few days. I'm used to PSA's week-long wait, but never been put off and abruptly cancelled before.
Old March 27, 2019, 10:54 AM   #55
zukiphile

I am not excusing poor service from PSA. Midway and Brownells are just a step away from the kind of service Bug Bunny got from Acme (dropping an order in a mailbox and getting the order a few seconds later).

I don't know your age, but I remember ordering junk as a lad. One filled out an order form, mailed it and waited "six to eight weeks".

If I see a good enough price on something at PSA I'll still order it, but it won't be anything I need ASAP.
Old March 27, 2019, 11:03 AM   #56
GarandTd

I'm a skater and when I was a kid, I would have to mail in an order through ads in skateboard mags or an occasional skate catalog. I would be waiting 6-8 weeks for a things with no word if and when they were coming. I usually used a C.O.D. option that would cost me a couple Xtra bucks. That stands for "cash on delivery". At least if something went away, I wasn't out the cash.

My BIL ordered from PSA after seeing my rifle and had a good experience. My other BIL wants me to help him with one now. Hopefully it goes as well as the others.