The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 6, 2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Join Date: January 30, 2013
Location: Custer county, Montana
Posts: 55

I may sound childish or stupid, but i wanna ask a question. Is there any posibility to buy a RPG like Type 2 or Bazalt RPG 7. Thanks
x-five is offline  
Old March 6, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: May 29, 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO area
Posts: 4,040
I imagine so. But you'd be looking at a tax stamp not just for the launcher but also for each round of ammunition.

You'd have to find somebody actually selling those to the public.
Technosavant is offline  
Old March 6, 2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Strafer Gott
Senior Member
Join Date: May 12, 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,315
Whatever happened to all those B 40 s we used to sweat? I suppose RPG is just the generic term.
Strafer Gott is offline  
Old March 6, 2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: November 2, 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,936
The B40 and B50 were North Vietnamese made Variants. Don't know about the legalities of buying or owning a RPG, but if legal, the rockets would have to be " chalk " filled. I've seen deactivated RPG's, I don't believe I've ever seen one that looked like it could fire. ( in the states, that is ).
Ron James
RJay is offline  
Old March 7, 2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Join Date: February 26, 2013
Posts: 44
Why of course you can... you just have to know the rules, and play by them. Just like a 40mm grenade launcher, there are other options besides HE.

I had an RPG7 with a subcal unit that fired 7.62x39, but I traded that. I currently have an RPG2 waiting on the form 1/DD stamp. It's demilled in the traditional manner, but I will have that taken care of when the stamp comes back. I may build a subcal for it, just for fun, but I will build launchable projectiles (minus the boom).

FWIW, on the PG2, the 'rocket' isn't a rocket at's a black powder launch charge. I should be able to get 'everything but the bang' as far as my rounds go.
eodinert is offline  
Old March 12, 2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
Join Date: March 31, 2011
Posts: 120
You would have to have explosives licenses and an approved magazine even if you could afford the $200 tax on each one. You won't get licensed for explosives unless you are in the business.. You won't find anyone who will sell you explosive rounds legally.
mboylan is offline  
Old March 14, 2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Join Date: February 26, 2013
Posts: 44

There are other projectiles besides HE. The propellant in the cartridge case does not make the projectile itself a DD. It's legal with a single DD stamp for the launcher.
eodinert is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2018 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.05672 seconds with 10 queries