The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 10, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
scottjw

browing auto 5 disassembly

i have an older light twelve that i have forgotten how to completely disassemble. been years but i remember that you have to use a pin on the little hole on the side of the breech. any help on this would be great and really appreciated.....
Old January 10, 2011, 09:06 PM   #2
jaguarxk120

Go to www.midwestgunworks.com in their Browning section you can down load the factory service manual. The manual takes you through complete disassembly and reassembly of the A5.
Shows where to clean/lube the shotgun, just remember the a5 needs regular maintance work tear down and lube every 15 years or so. The gun should last at least 3-4 lifetimes.
Old January 11, 2011, 11:54 AM   #3
scottjw

browing A5

thanks for the reply and advice. i have been on the site you suggested but so far have not been able to find where to download the factory service manual. i will continue to search the site but i wanted to thank you for the time and effort you took to reply.
Old January 11, 2011, 05:43 PM   #4
SauerGrapes

It's been about 5yrs since I took mine apart. I don't recall using any pins in relationship to the "hole" in question.
I only disassembled mine once in 40yrs. Mr. Browning didn't seem to want his A-5s taken apart, so I didn't.