The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 29, 2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Cult .44

Weatherby Pump Action

After visiting Cabela's this morning, a 28-inch Weatheryby PA-08 shotgun somehow made it into the trunk of my car (and $310 dissappeared from my wallet?!).

I like the looks of the gun with the walnut stock and forearm. I liked the way the action felt and how the stock snugged into my shoulder (better than the 870 Express and on par with the Wingmaster). I'm not really a shotgun guy but I wanted something reasonable for my quasi-annual pheasant hunt with my brothers so I didn't feel like a dope for always having to borrow someone else's gun.

I was a little leery of buying it because there doesn't seem to be a lot of reports on the boards about it, but it was on sale so I bit. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. After attaching the barrel, I cycled a few rounds through it and the action felt smooth.

Anyone else have experience or thoughts about this model?