The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 12, 2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Because 'Merica

TruGlo TFX Sights

Wondering if anyone has or has used the new TFX sights by truglo and can shed some light on how they like or dislike them. Thinking about ordering a set. Found them for 110$ w/ free shipping online @ centerfireguns.com

If anyone else knows of a cheaper source it would be greatly appreciated!
Old December 11, 2016, 11:24 AM   #2
BluRidgDav

I too, would be interested in a field report.

Surely, over the past two years since the OP asked for info, someone has bought a set of TFX sights, or a pistol with these sights already mounted.

Cabela's is currently offering a discount on Glock 43's with Truglo TFX sights.

Thanx, Dave
Old February 6, 2017, 11:22 AM   #3
NYC guy in GA

I was interested too but went with the TFO. I really went in wanting the TFX and was ready to purchase sight unseen from reading about them.

I took all the models into the bathroom at the store for a real darkness test. For me not being able to see which label was which I chose the one my eyes liked best. It turned out to be the TFO over the TFX and trijicon.

Had I not compared all the models I still would have been happy to own TFX sights. The FO is amazing in daylight and the night sight dots are beautiful making it easy to find on the night stand.

The store I shop in also will install and service anything you buy from them.

That was my experience and I chose what worked best for me. You need to do what works for your eyes.

Last edited by NYC guy in GA; February 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old February 7, 2017, 06:53 PM   #4
DPI7800

I've installed plenty of both, can't say I care much for either one. But hey I don't have to shoot them so not my issue.

Here is why I'm not a fan, the front sight of the true glow fills up the entire rear notch. I prefer to have as much light as possible on either side of the front sight to allow my brain to naturally center the front sight. But I also don't care for or need nightsights (and yes I have plenty of opertunity in low light and no light environment to use them) but check back with me in a few years when I'm fifty and see if I change my mind on nightsigts.